HELP! Nov. 25-Dec. 3 Bay Islands...bad idea?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Glub-glub

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Read tons of threads! Still baffled. Trying to plan dive trip for dates noted and am concerned about the rainy season. Is it worth going this time of year? If so....looking at Deep Blue Resort/Divers on Utila.....or.....who knows on Roatan! Read about CoCo View, Fantasy Island, AKR, Bananarama...too many choices. We like laid back, hangin' with other divers swappin' stories, checking out the local restaurants. Not club/nightlife people. Love the serenity of the sea. Prefer the "lost in paradise" feel at the end of a long dive day. Any suggestions????

It rains a whole lot right then.

More importantly than the lyrical description of what you might like, let's get right down to the part you left out: What quantity of diving do you want on Roatan?

Do you want 5x a day? (maybe 6?) It's available at one place.

Are you happy with one or two? That's also available... almost anywhere else.

If you want more than 2 a day, AI makes a lot more sense in terms of Dollars.

I'm biased as we've been there a few times, but Laguna Beach on Utila is a favorite. It's boat access only, but if you want to get into town to check out the scene- and I would- the ride into town is only about 5 mintues. We usually do 4 dives a day and then relax, share photos and shoot the breeze with the rest of the guests. All the cabanas are ocean front and a freshwater lagoon off the back.

Read tons of threads! Still baffled. Trying to plan dive trip for dates noted and am concerned about the rainy season. Is it worth going this time of year? If so....looking at Deep Blue Resort/Divers on Utila.....or.....who knows on Roatan! Read about CoCo View, Fantasy Island, AKR, Bananarama...too many choices. We like laid back, hangin' with other divers swappin' stories, checking out the local restaurants. Not club/nightlife people. Love the serenity of the sea. Prefer the "lost in paradise" feel at the end of a long dive day. Any suggestions????

Absolutely, go hang out with Steve and Jasmine. If the resort's resturant/bar/lounge gets too "club/nightlife" for you (not likely) you can always go to your private balcony overlooking the sea and just chill. Usually, everybody just hangs out like you say, sharing stories, photos, videos, etc., some over beer, wine or cocktails after dinner.

Tell Steve and Jasmine Deba said Hi! and I sure miss them and Utila. The diving is fabulous, all around the island.

Thanks for the input. We booked with Jasmine @ Deep Blue. Looks like it's going to be terrific! When were you last there, Deba?

Thanks for the input. We booked with Jasmine @ Deep Blue. Looks like it's going to be terrific! When were you last there, Deba?

Ummmm, I guess it's been a couple of years. A Deep Blue trip in Aug 2005 was my first trip to Honduras. Now I live and work there as much as I can but more on the mainland in the mountains. I have to slip in day dives when I get a chance so I don't get to do the resort thing often. If I did, it would definitely be at DB.

You won't be disappointed with Deep Blue. Have fun and if you see "my" whale shark BZ001, let me know:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom