Compare T&C Aggressor and Explorer and .....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Carnell04

Reaction score
compare the weather for the week of Feb. 28 - March 7 and any week in late April to mid May.

We are definitely going to T&C but need to know the differences in weather. What kind of suit do we need? Any hoods needed? Are you cold when you get out if we choose first week in March? On the boat, is it cold at night? What about the night dives and the water temp and when you get out? In May, is it too hot on the boat? Is 5mm too much?

On the boats/companies, what is the difference? I know the Aggressor is more but what are the other differences? Also, there are 3 of us. Which trip is likely to sell out? If two of us room together, will the other one have to bunk with somebody else? Odds of one of us getting own room?

Thanks for all of the info.

Still no answers? Well, I think we have decided for May instead of Feb. Here are some questions though?

1) Does the Explorer still have the boarding and docking problems they used to have? Is it still much easier to locate the Aggressor at Turtle Cove?
2) What are the pros and cons of each boat besides price?
3) Is 5mm too much in May or late April?
4) Which boat is more likely to sell out where our 3rd would not have their own room?

Thanks.l

There's been quite a few threads on T&C liveaboards... Hopefully someone will have the answers you want.

I can't answer all of your other questions because we've only been on the Explorer in late June. I will say that I think the problems mentioned on finding the Explorer are somewhat exaggerated. We called them upon arrival as requested and they arranged for a taxi to pick us up at out resort the next day. Taxi showed up as promised and took us to the boat. We were responsible for the fare but knew that ahead of time. Was very easy for us.

I just posted a full report on the Explorer here in this forum that you may find helpful. Best of luck on your trip.

Didn't see this earlier...

1) Does the Explorer still have the boarding and docking problems they used to have? Is it still much easier to locate the Aggressor at Turtle Cove?

I can't speak to the Explorer...I did the Aggressor. They were at the airport and contacted divers going on their boat as you came out the front door. They had a cooler with drinks available, and then loaded you into a waiting van and took you to the boat at Turtle Cove.

2) What are the pros and cons of each boat besides price?

Again....can only speak to the Aggressor. I know they go to many of the same sites, as we were moored on ajoining sites a couple of times. The Aggressor crew was excellent in terms of service. Food was outstanding!

3) Is 5mm too much in May or late April?

I was there in July. I used a 3mm the entire time and was fine. Some people wore shorties, some 1mm, and some 5mm. I think that is more around what your resistance is to temp than anything else. I didn't see anyone wearing a hood.

4) Which boat is more likely to sell out where our 3rd would not have their own room?

Don't know...with Aggressor you can ask for and get a private room...but there is a cost increase associated with that.

Back
Top Bottom