Blue Springs Flood Photos and Story

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yep, sure do. I would like to know if he did a test on his own. I would believe his test before any others. Money talks in small town America.
Not that I am rushing out to pack the truck to go dive BS.

I guess we will find out sooner or later, I hope it is not by sick divers later....

Not this kid,,,uhmm, old guy.
I have it on good accounts; the water may not be safe for a couple of years. You know full well of what I am speaking!

Why so secretive? Care to share with the rest of us? If not than why post at all?

Why so secretive? Care to share with the rest of us? If not than why post at all?

He is secretive because for legal matters the informer has asked not to be identified.

well, as much as I really dislike Rick and doubling the fees etc, it will be nice if it's back - spoke with someone from Midwest in indy and they have been there recently with classes and viz is up to 10-15 - so maybe it IS recovering

Good news. Thanks Preston.

I would still like to see if the water has been certified clean by the health department.

I would still like to see if the water has been certified clean by the health department.

It would be nice to know what exactly the owner means when he says "everything has checked out." What tests? Performed by whom? What were the results?

They used to have water analysis results posted at Blue Springs. I'll have to see a report from the health department before I submerge there again.

Honestly, with the caliber of folks running the place, them saying 'it checked out ok' means absolutely nothing to me.

I've actually enjoyed the break from the Blue Springs rut this year. I've hit Gilboa at least 4 times and even made it to France Park today.

They used to have water analysis results posted at Blue Springs. I'll have to see a report from the health department before I submerge there again.

Honestly, with the caliber of folks running the place, them saying 'it checked out ok' means absolutely nothing to me.

Earlier this year there was a analysis posted in the "main" shelter, where you pay. If I am thinking right it was from 06. I know it doesn't do us any good. Also they use to post them in all the shelters at the water. Don't know what the rules are.

OK so who lives the closest or drives that way and is willing take a peek? If they have the proof there shouldn't be any issue with us seeing it. Everyone want to know but nobody is willing to go. Everything that is being posted is "I heard or was told in an email."

It would be nice to know what exactly the owner means when he says "everything has checked out." What tests? Performed by whom? What were the results?

It is the responsible thing for the owners of BS to do after the catrastophy of their ecosystem, to have the tests performed properly and posted.

Back
Top Bottom