Venice Beach, Alhambra Area Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

And another question:

Does anybody know if there is a beach cam anywhere in the Venice area so that we east coasters can keep an eye on conditions before making the trek across the state? We're thinking of diving over there on Saturday, September 6th and want to check out the water conditions before we head over. Thanks again for all your assistance.

Hmmmmmmm...................I'm not real good at distances & it all depends on where you park but, I would say from the curb at the beach access, maybe 100 yds. Anyone feel free to correct me on that. Might be less. I'm a little old lady with lousy knees & I can make the walk. My problem is making the step up out of the water at the end of the dive.

That's about spot on. I looked on Google Earth, and it came out to 103 yds. to where the water was in the picture. A little more or less depending on low or high tide.

Yeah, that step up is a bear sometimes. Good to know it's there on the way going out too...I've seen divers fall down there not expecting an 8 to 10 inch sudden drop.

And another question:

Does anybody know if there is a beach cam anywhere in the Venice area so that we east coasters can keep an eye on conditions before making the trek across the state? We're thinking of diving over there on Saturday, September 6th and want to check out the water conditions before we head over. Thanks again for all your assistance.

Here is a good site for surf and wind conditions. Here is the Mote Marine site for beach conditions. And here is the NOAA Venice Pier weatherstation.

I think the only webcam is at the Crowsnest restaurant on the inlet and only shows the inlet. I could be wrong about that, though.

Know who to ask? Jaime.. he seems to be on the water a bit there.

In the Insider Info thread I had some cam pages linked for Venice, but they don't seem to be up again. Do a search for Surf Cam (for surfing), those guys are always watching the water thus, cameras are seeming setup anywhere they can find a place.

I was on the beach last night and it is churned up real bad. the water was black and murky 2 hours before sunset.. a time when its normally clear and calm.

No cams down here other then Crowsnest,which only show front of Snake Island, Best place to find conditions is of course off SCUBABOARD:) You can always call Fla West they also run out there daily as long as weather permits. I mostly watch Noaa weather and look for East winds & if I am not sure I will drive down there and look.

Bassically same as over there resource it out to find out :)

Ooohhhhh, my wife even cleared me to go tomorrow but I think it would be a waste of time with Fay in the edge of the Gulf

Thanks Jamie. We appreciate the report!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom