Why your Avatar?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The name is Rich....and I live in NC....richinnc....doo!

The avatar is a division size mass tactical parachute drop.
(There have actually been people here that confused it for a flock of jelly fish)

Well. Mine is because there might be a chance that I'm a bit of a redneck. I don't think so but there is a slight chance. The avatar is just a picture of me on a throne at the Hard Rock in Orlando.

The Wreck of the Rhone is the most famous dive site in the British Virgin Islands (RMS Rhone - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia), and I would guess about 400 of my 800 or so logged dives are on the Rhone. Ironically I now go out of my way not to dive the wreck, but it is hard because that is where all the dive boats want to take the tourists.

My avatar is just the only u/w pic I have of myself.

Hey all, I thought it would be interesting to hear about how you came up with your screenname or avatar. Hopefully others would too!! It can be as short or as long as you feel like typing it out. All are welcome to join in!

I will start:

I went tandem skydiving with my best friend Brianna over in Zephyrhills, FL. It was an awesome experience. She was really into scuba diving at the time. After the jump, the skydive outfit gave us certificates to show proof that we actually jumped out of a perfectly good airplane. They told us to put our names on the certificate, so my friend wrote Scoobahgurl on hers, so of course I had to copy her and put Scoobahdood on mine.

Screen Name:

It is what my friends at work call me (My first name and the first part of my last name. It is easier when you have a 10 letter French last name with a lot of vowels. There used to be four people named Ron in our department. Oddly enough one of the members on my team is one of the other people named Ron and he has a long Polish last name with a lot of vowels. He became "Double R".

The picture was taken by my daughter in Curacao during one of her first ocean dives after completion of her open water checkout dives. She was certified at Dutch Springs in Bethlehem, PA )fresh water quarry).

My name is John and way back when Al Gore did his thing I was Rock climbing every chance i got hence the name JROCK it has been with me 15 years even though i don't climb as much as i used to the Avatar is my hiking buddy

I'll take a shot at this thread even though it will show I'm almost as old as Dr. Bill.

Cousteau was one of my childhood idols, growing up I wanted to become an oceanographer, I watched Flipper and Sea Hunt on b/w tv every chance I could. Going through a Sears store sporting goods section in Denver I saw a display with a mannequin in scuba gear. Yes that is right, a Sears store in Colorado! One of my favorite movies/books was 20,000 leagues under the sea. I really wanted to find the lost Atlantis, I had it all planned out. Only; my parents kept telling me, "You can't do that, we're Land Locked."

Well anyway, I fulfilled part of my dreams, I AM scuba diving, though way too late in life. My avatar changes from time to time with favorite photos, and my signature changes with my moods.

BTW, I'm still looking for Atlantis. :rofl3:

My screen name – Google it.

My avatar is my Grandson in his Mr. Furious pose.

I love the Mr. Furious pose... I strike it often!
Screen name is my first initial + the first 4 letters of my last name. Not clever.. but it does spell DOVE.
Avitar is the only one I have figured out how to upload so far.... my fav. pics need to be downsized to fit.
Just keep breathing.. just keep breathing...

Actually, this IS one of my favorite pics. I call it "BLISS" Nothing quite like blue water drifting.... ahhhh

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom