Venice - Shark tooth dive August 31st

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Is it safe to post this? ANOTHER weather question? :confused:

I'll take the risk! Has anyone recieved any updates on the beach conditions? The storm? The price of fish in China?

I've seen a mention of a boat, and other things to get to the Bone Yard (what a cool name).

Just checking to see what you experienced Florida divers think! I continue to eagerly await!

Perspiring minds want to know! :chicken:

- Boats

Is it safe to post this? ANOTHER weather question? :confused:

I'll take the risk! Has anyone recieved any updates on the beach conditions? The storm? The price of fish in China?

I've seen a mention of a boat, and other things to get to the Bone Yard (what a cool name).

Just checking to see what you experienced Florida divers think! I continue to eagerly await!

Perspiring minds want to know! :chicken:

- Boats
Love the dancing chicken.

If the weather ruins our Sunday Venice dive, we are going to Boynton Beach to do two afternoon dives and a night dive.

That sounds like a good plan, Mr. the III! :)

Is your group firmed up?

- Boats

My group is the wife, the daughter and myself, but as things change we will roll w/it. Its all up to Gustov. Venice, Dunedin Reef, West Palm....we WILL be diving somewhere on Sunday

My group is the wife, the daughter and myself, but as things change we will roll w/it. Its all up to Gustov. Venice, Dunedin Reef, West Palm....we WILL be diving somewhere on Sunday

I will still be at Venice Beach on Sunday and I will have my gear with me just in case the weather/visibility cooperate for a Sunday AM dive.

We are not driving down to Venice until Saturday afternoon, so I will check back here before then and I will PM my cell # to any who are still interested

Sean

I am heading down to Venice. I will walk down from the villa to Alahambra tomorrow (Sunday) around 9:45am - 10:00am and see if anyone is there

Sean

today was fine - flat calm water with viz probably 5-10ft. i was down the Service Club. Only found 1 1/2 small megs and the usual handful of small teeth. 86F, max depth 24ft, time 132 mins.

I did a kayak dive out of Alhambra to the Bone Yard. Visibility was up to 15 feet in some spots. Lots of the little jelly fish, that apparently aren't a problem. They did freak me out at first, saw about 20 as soon as I hopped off the kayak and stuck my face in the water. But, only saw one or two of the nasty ones. I paddled over and talked to Jamie on the Aristikat, first time I've met him, nice guy. As stu_in_fl said, the shore diving conditions looked pretty darn good.

I also found a weight pouch, with probably about 8lbs in it. Ironically, I then proceeded to somehow lose one of mine. The pouch I found is in relatively decent shape, so I don't think it's been down there too long, if you're missing one let me know. And, of course, if you happen to find mine...

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom