Where to buy my 1st Bare drysuit, and which one?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've been looking at drysuits for a while now after shivering in the cold California coastal waters for too long! I think I've narrowed my choices down to the Bare Trilam HD Tech or the Bare XCD2 Pro (they don't make the Tech in women's as far as I know).
I got my Bare XCD2 Tech Dry from divetank.com for about $825 - in 2004. The cheapest I've seen it on-line these days is around $1500. I'm glad I bought it when I did!!

This has been an excellent suit. I've had no problems with this suit after 25 dives or so. It's very warm, even in our winter waters. I wear it with the Bare T100 Polarwear undergarment ($159 from divetank, at the time) and I've had no problems with being cold, even in February in Alaska :)

I did rip a seal last summer trying to take the suit off. It was my own fault. Shipped it back to bare and got it fixed for about $100, including shipping both ways.

Suit is heavy and bulky, no doubt about that. Would be a bitch to travel with. Not sure other drysuits would be much better.

No regrets on this suit. Divetank is no longer in business, which is too bad, because they were great to deal with. They're directing everyone to scubatoys - you might give them a try.

I have a Bare TriLam XD Tech. Would put another vote in for it. It is a TOUGH suit and I have had zero problems. Scuba.com is a vendor...but to be honest it took them FOREVER it seemed like to get the suit to me. I would suggest Scubatoys.com. They are GREAT people to work with...they price match, and I think you get 10% off for being a board member here.

Good luck!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom