Venice - Shark tooth dive August 31st

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We went out down by Sharky's & the viz was pretty good there as well. We did have a bit of a current pushing us south though. We also had a Remora following us around & being a royal pia.

I did a kayak dive out of Alhambra to the Bone Yard. Visibility was up to 15 feet in some spots. Lots of the little jelly fish, that apparently aren't a problem. They did freak me out at first, saw about 20 as soon as I hopped off the kayak and stuck my face in the water. But, only saw one or two of the nasty ones. I paddled over and talked to Jamie on the Aristikat, first time I've met him, nice guy. As stu_in_fl said, the shore diving conditions looked pretty darn good.

I also found a weight pouch, with probably about 8lbs in it. Ironically, I then proceeded to somehow lose one of mine. The pouch I found is in relatively decent shape, so I don't think it's been down there too long, if you're missing one let me know. And, of course, if you happen to find mine...
Well today was a killer day for everyone that was on Capt Jamies boat. Found a 5 1/2 inch meg and everyone that was on the boat came up with megs. THANKS HURRICANE FAY!!!! Not sure how many megs that were found today but I will put some pictures up for your viewing. Thanks Aristakat for a great day of diving and it dont get any better than that. You seem to be able to put us on top of the megs each and everytime. Your awesome.

Well today was a killer day for everyone that was on Capt Jamies boat. Found a 5 1/2 inch meg and everyone that was on the boat came up with megs. THANKS HURRICANE FAY!!!! Not sure how many megs that were found today but I will put some pictures up for your viewing. Thanks Aristakat for a great day of diving and it dont get any better than that. You seem to be able to put us on top of the megs each and everytime. Your awesome.
I forgot to mention the girls kicked butt today.

great day for teeth at least for the girls they seemed to have the edge :D

also put a pic of netdoc/Pete the great:D Mammoth spit tooth he found earlier in week

Attachments

• 08302008 012.JPG
    08302008 012.JPG
    53 KB · Views: 64
  • 08302008 004.JPG
    08302008 004.JPG
    52.7 KB · Views: 59
That's awesome!

I can't wait to get out there and give it a go!

Thanks for the update Captain Jamie, and the taunting on the my phone earlier today Fossilbabe! :) DOH!

Oh, the HUMANITY!

- Boats

That's awesome!

I can't wait to get out there and give it a go!

Thanks for the update Captain Jamie, and the taunting on the my phone earlier today Fossiblebabe! :) DOH!

Oh, the HUMANITY!

- Boats
rofl3

I did a kayak dive out of Alhambra to the Bone Yard. Visibility was up to 15 feet in some spots. Lots of the little jelly fish, that apparently aren't a problem. They did freak me out at first, saw about 20 as soon as I hopped off the kayak and stuck my face in the water. But, only saw one or two of the nasty ones. I paddled over and talked to Jamie on the Aristikat, first time I've met him, nice guy. As stu_in_fl said, the shore diving conditions looked pretty darn good.

I also found a weight pouch, with probably about 8lbs in it. Ironically, I then proceeded to somehow lose one of mine. The pouch I found is in relatively decent shape, so I don't think it's been down there too long, if you're missing one let me know. And, of course, if you happen to find mine...

Is it a scubapro weight pouch? My wife lost a weight pouch @service club about 8 weeks ago while doing her rescue diver class. Did ya happen to find a camera or mares volo fin? I've lost both at Alhambra over the past year.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom