@#!# lost dc600 at the pcb jetties today

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Beboandles

Contributor
Reaction score
know it is not likely but if any of you that frequent the jetties run across it please let me know and let "the negotiations begin" it was last seen in about 15ft at the center exit point,with the current today it may also be found in mexico.
and if you do run across it and decide to keep it for yourself,please send me photos time to time, i really liked that camera.
thanks

I am sorry to hear about your bad luck today. That is my biggest fear with my camera! Now I know why I have 2 bungie straps on mine! Hopefully the scubagods will bring it back to you!

Carolyn:sharks:

thank you. i am now considering a PAD LOCK on the d ring(instead of clips) for the next camera.it may decrease mobility but the camera will come home with me

Found a credit card just about there last weekend but I will look for the camera.
when we can catch the current right we start on the beach side and make the trip around and pick up all the good stuff on the fishing line snares just before it hits the gulf.
I wish you luck.

All of my gear has my name and telephone numbers on it. It doesn't mean I'll get it back, but it probably increases the odds.

I also have the serial numbers for all of my gear recorded. That way if it hits a pawn shop, I'll get it back.

We lost a brand new camera while doing the cave trip in Belize. We were heartbroken over it and it was because we'd taken so many photos of our trip. The camera had a float on it plus the casing was designed to float too, iso it didn't sink, we think maybe someone grabbed it a they floated by (you do the caves on a tube). We asked everyone around and even stayed at the exit to ask if anyone found it, no luck!

I hope someone finds yours and returns it!

That's a good idea on putting my name on my camera. I think I'll do that, or perhaps put it on a sticker on the camera inside the housing....

with the hopes that someone, if they knew how to get ahold of me, might try to return it.

thank you for all the responses and tips.the loss was totally my fault.i used a different securing device and should have used better precautions due to that.
yes,it still eats at you for such a loss,but looking at the bigger picture,it makes me feel great to be apart of such a great group of people.from the ones that were willing to go back down in the bad conditions to help,those that posted on here,and the strangers the next day wanting to try to help.it makes me
proud to be a part of the dive community.these days,where else(besides a dive spot) would you leave tons of money in equipment laying around while you are gone for an hour are more?
KUDOS to all you divers

That's a good idea on putting my name on my camera. I think I'll do that, or perhaps put it on a sticker on the camera inside the housing....

with the hopes that someone, if they knew how to get ahold of me, might try to return it.

That is exactly what I've done. A sticker on my camera, and on the inside of my housing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom