Port Hardy pics

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MXGratefulDiver

Mental toss flycoon
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Here's a few choice pics from my recent trip to Port Hardy ... on the northern end of Vancouver Island, British Columbia. For those of you who don't know this place, it's quite possibly the best cold-water diving on the planet. The walls here rival anything I saw in Indonesia, although the water's much colder.

Brooding anemones growing on a kelp stem ...
CIMG7914.jpg

Close-up of the "face" of a Puget Sound king crab ...
CIMG8028.jpg

Basket star growing through soft corals ...
CIMG7711.jpg

Orange-peel nudibranch feeding on a soft coral ...
CIMG7698.jpg

Orange-peel nudi on the move ...
CIMG8269.jpg

Lion's mane jelly sharing our safety stop ...
CIMG8162.jpg

Basket star silhouetted against an open-water backdrop ...
CIMG8271.jpg

Scaly-head sculpin surveying his domain ...
CIMG8238.jpg

Typical Browning Pass Wall scene ...
CIMG7888.jpg

You can read my trip report on my website (I'd post it here, but it's a bit long and has embedded pictures) ... NWGratefulDiver.com

For a complete picture show see ... Port Hardy 2008 - Six Days in the Rain - PhotoShow Circle

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

And again a place to put on the to do list.:D
Great pic's

These are excellent shots, I enjoyed them and it looks like a worth while place to dive.

4 weeks and counting to Browning Wall! Great pics, the kelp is excellent.

Absolutely beautiful photos NWGratefulDiver! Over the years I have come to enjoy diving in cold water more than warm water. The price you pay because of the cold water is more than compensated by the richness of the life and the incredible colors. I never made it to Port Hardy but I have dived in the San Juans, the south end of Vancouver Island, and in Ketchikan Alaska (in February!) And of course most of the divesites up and down the California coast. Thanks for posting these magnificent photos. ++Ken++

Fantastic images Bob !! It always amazes me how many divers write off cold water diving. If only they knew what they were missing.

Beautiful Bob, just beautiful! I hope you have some of your own pics hanging on your walls now :wink:

Excellent shots! Thanks for sharing.

Absolutely beautiful! I am bookmarking the report on your website to remind me it is time to learn how to dive dry!
Thanks!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom