Gear bag

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

metalmat

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello fellow waterlovers i need to get a new travel gear bag for fins, bcd, boooties, maybe regs,and mask any sugesstions would be great

It would be nice to carry on but my fins are 2 long ,i think, i always carry my regs on though

I've been looking at the rolling duffel bags on LL Bean. Check them out and the post above in regard to my question on the subject. I also read good things about the Tusa rolling duffel which is fairly cheap at the online retailers, ST and LP.

The L.L. Bean adventure duffels are a good option. I think you could get away with taking one of the medium sized ones on board the plane as a carry on even though, technically, they're a little too big. They're well built and the price is right. The only problem I ran into is that the medium size bag is only 23" long. That's about an inch too short for my fins. I could fit most of my other gear with no problem: 3mm wetsuit (rolled), light weight mesh gear bag, booties, gloves, full size regs and computer, and my backplate and cam bands (w/o the wing). I found that the wheeled bag doesn't stretch as much as the regular bag because of the collapsible handle and other hardware, so it might not hold as much. Still these bags are a good option.

Ditto the LLBean Adventure Duffles. I've been diving out of them for 15 years. I've got the rolling and regular duffles. The wide color options make it easy to pick a color you'll immediately recognize coming up the carousel.

how do they hold up with airports i had a roller duffel that matched my luggage it made 5 round trips and it is wearing out at some stress points

I've been traveling with them for 15 years.......two to three airline trips a year. My first roller was damaged on my very first trip, I sent it back for repair and they replaced it free of charge. It's been going strong ever since!

armor bags???

LL Bean bags last forever! I have a duffel from Outdoor Sports that is really awesome too. It converts to a backpack. Think it would be great for carrying dive gear, but haven't used it for carrying full gear before. Very big and I have been using the same bag for backpacking for 10 years now. Very durable. Think you could find it on Amazon, but those LL Bean bags are more colorful and the warranty would be hard to beat.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom