bp/w harness question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I like the well attached to my BC feeling with no shifting of the gear during the dive.

That has to do with your plate though and not your harness.

That has to do with your plate though and not your harness.

I also has to do with my harness. I wouldn't be able to set a hog harness as snug and be able to easily don it or rapidly ditch it if needed. But that is me and why it is a personal choice with no perfect answer for everyone.

I have a similar problem. I have a hog setup at the moment but due to a shoulder injury I am thinking about putting in one quick release buckle on the lower left side to make it easier to take off on the injured shoulder side

I have a DiveRite "deluxe" harness. I actually wasn't too crazy about the extra padding, so I had my LDS remove the padding. So I guess my system is a hybrid between the the hog and the deluxe harness. I do like the quick release on my setup though. It makes it easier for me to take it off after a dive.

You are right about the personal choice. As you pointed out, just because the majority prefers one choice, it is not neccessarily ideal for the individual. Factors unique to you (e.g. Netmystar's shoulder injury) might prevent that choice from being ideal.

Trying out different solutions is always a good thing.

P.S. I spent about 20 or 30 dives adjusting my harness (waaaaaay more than normal ... its usally about 4 or 5) because I had an issue with my first stage hitting my head and, if it weren't for the fact that a hog harness is infinitely adjustable, I would say that I have tried every setting imaginable with it.

I've gone from looser than a politician's morals to tighter than a miser's purse-strings on my harness and tank stability was barely affected at all. If I hadn't struggled so much with stability in a jacket BCD (and hence was deliberately keeping myself aware of the issue) I wouldn't have even noticed it, even when the harness was at its loosest.

Back
Top Bottom