Millbrook next weekend looking for a buddy and info

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hawk1278

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Since I am trying to get back into diving, I thought I would see if anyone would be interested in doing some dives out at Millbrook the weekend of the 20th. Nothing fancy or overly complicated just want to get in have fun, practice skills and work on buoyancy since I have not been in the water in awhile (I am not even sure how much weight I will need either).

I have never been to Millbrook so if anyone has any info about it that would rock.

Just shoot me a PM or post on here if anyone is interested.

Hawk,

If I were you buddy I'd pack up and drive down to Rawlings, it is warmer then Millbrook, the vis is better and you won't have a problem finding a buddy down there ether. Look up Steve and Lori from Splash Dive shop and they will hook you up. You can camp there also.

Shawn
"bubble,, bubble,, bubble"

I would but I am not sure how keen the wife would be with me leaving her with the baby over the weekend.

Check out some of the posts about Rawlings.
I know they're supposed to be the hotspot for central Va but the words haven't been good on the customer service.
If you're just getting back, I'd want you to have a positive first experience.
If water temp matters, check out Mt Storm.
It's a bit of a hike for us Marylanders but still closer than Rawlings...at least for me.
I'm coming from Baltimore.

I agree about the customer service needing a little attention at Rawlings, BUT... Millbrook is just a mud hole IMO. Sorry but to me the only thing you get from Millbrook is wet. Never dove Mt. Storm.

Millbrook is about 90 ft deep. They don't have a fill station, meaning you would need to go to VA Scuba or the Dive Shop. They have lines running to the attractions, typical quarry vis, there are the usual things- airplane, cars/trucks, platforms. Bottom temps in the high 40s by now.
Rawlings, not very deep, bad customer service according to this board.
Willow Springs, PA, not very deep 65 ft I think max, the most attractions of any (I think more than dutch but not positive) night diving all day long lol. Typical vis, mid to high 50s by now maybe even low 60s. Excellent customer service.
Dutch- deep, good vis for a quarry, 40s on the bottom, lots to see. Busy place
Storm- deep- 120 is the max I have hit I think, no anything- just portapotties, no fill station (there is one sometimes, but, demand to see a clean air cert- unless something has changed he doesn't have one) Free! Warm to hot this time of year. 80s top to bottom.
Those are the only public ones I have first hand knowledge of, there may be others.
-J

E- you are kidding!?!?!? Did they take a swim too? I haven't been there since Febuary or March. Did the 'Fatman' break them? I had heard he lost weight.......
-J

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom