DUI Drysuits. Are they worth the money?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just got my special production flx50/50 yesterday and will be trying it out this weekend. Will let you know when I get back just how good it is!

There are a lot of great drysuits out there. The answer to your question depends on what you want in a drysuit.

I do a lot of travel and took those travel opportunities to personally look at a lot of different drysuits. I traveled from Los Angeles to Vancouver, British Columbia to Boston. I think I got a good look at almost all of the different brands of drysuits.

What I noticed was that DUI makes a well-finished drysuit. For instance, compare how the various manufacturers attach the suspenders to the inside of the drysuit. DUI pays attention to the details. I liked that. So I bought a DUI drysuit.

Many other drysuits are great. Whites drysuits are very nice. So are a lot of others. It all depends on what is important to you.

Good luck.

P.S. I am not affiliated with DUI, nor do I have any financial relationship (or any other relationship) with DUI. Except I am a happy DUI customer with a very nice drysuit.

Hi all,
Just had a look at a Special Production 30/30 Explorer today.I agree with you Doc about the attention to detail that DUI takes on their products. I was very impressed with what I saw. And the rep was very knowledgeable and answered all my question,etc..
So, once I have my pennies saved up. I will get the DUI.
Kurt

I have a Bare XCD2 Tech drysuit. Got it brand new for $825. At that price, I think it was a great deal. I'm pretty happy with it. It's rather bulky, but I dunno if anything else would be much better in this respect. I wish it had suspenders, but I guess I could add them at some point if really necessary.

I have a Bare XCD2 Tech drysuit. Got it brand new for $825. At that price, I think it was a great deal. I'm pretty happy with it. It's rather bulky, but I dunno if anything else would be much better in this respect. I wish it had suspenders, but I guess I could add them at some point if really necessary.
Well its a no brainer that NudeDiver would buy a "Bare" dry suit.

I thought long and hard about shelling out so much money for a drysuit, particularly when there are brands that sell for half the price both in the USA and UK. Anyway, to cut a long story short, two years ago I finally bought an off-the-shelf CF200.

I could not be more pleased. The suit is extremely well made and hard wearing. The zip seals are great and very easy to replace. DUI's customer service is very helpful, and the fact they are just down the road from me means any issues are dealt with in short order.

Thumbs up to DUI.

Grey_Wulff

PS: If you fit nicely into a stock size, as I did, it's a lot cheaper than going for a custom fit.
PSS: My dive buddy has the Flex 50/50, that's hard wearing CF200 bottoms and a more flexible top. I think it's the perfect cold water drysuit.

I purchased a DUI CF300 (yes 300 not 200), and have been nothing but pleased with it very durable.

Just as the suit has a certain amount of flex, none of the shell suit drawbacks.

But where I'm most impressed with DUI is the service (I later opted to add a P-Valve, and switch to a wrist dump). Accomplished all that they said, within the time given (unfortunately this quality is becoming rare as of late).

DUI makes great drysuits. I really like my TLS 350, however I have had issues with their customer service. In my view it hasn't been that good. As a result, I won't purchase another DUI suit or recommend them simply because of the customer service problems I encountered. :palmtree: Bob

DUI is not the only high quality suit, but I gather from the popularity here of DUI shell suits and comments from local divers, that it is high quality
I purchased a well used 50/50 that I found needed a zipper, so I took it to DUI (just down the street :) ) and had them check it out
they ... replaced the zipper, and I got a new neck zip seal to install (old was cut too big for me)
.. they also fixed some wear areas / reinforcements and replaced the dump valve with an updated design .. at no charge to me :)

Bob, it would help if you could give a little bit more info on the issues you had with service to help ballance out the other posters reports of good service

Back
Top Bottom