Hello all!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hawk1278

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Got certified OW and AOW back in '01 when I lived in AL. Did a pretty good amount of diving back then. Moved up to the DC area in '03 after about 18 months over seas. I got the wife certified in '04 and we did a little diving then but have not done much since then. I did do some diving at the end of August this year and I am trying to get back into the sport. Unfortunately my wife is not as much into diving as I am. I currently live around Laurel, MD.

The Olney Scuba Adventure Dive Club meets the first Thursday of the month at the Olney Swim Center on Georgia Avenue. We have monthly local dives. Check out the website http://olneyscubaadventure.pages.qpg.com/. This year we have been trying to do a dive the Saturday after the meeting somewhere local. The club also has week long trips to warm locations. There are numerous trips to NC. Some members also head to OC. In October, the club has an oyster diver the first Saturday. This one is a shore dive. The third Saturday is another oyster dive, but the boat is full. The club sponsor "Scuba Santa" in December

I've been a member for about two years and have a good time. Members range from new divers to instructors and commercial divers. Ages range from young to old. I think my son is the youngest at 12 years old now. There are warm water divers and some who don't mind a little local diving on New Years.

If your wife can't make a dive and you need a buddy, there is always someone to buddy up with.

I was also told of a great group of Divers in Maryland. There called SK DIivers they even have a web site.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom