50+ year old divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

51, love Curacao and have a small place there and can't seem to go many other places now because there is no better diving in carribean!!!! Have dived Jamaica, St Lucia, St Thomas, Puerto Rico, Vieques, Hawaii, East Coast US, frsh water Virginia, Mexico. Best shop Dive Conections Charlottesville,VA. Live in Virginia. Not retired yet but maybe in 6-8 yrs.If you want to try Curacao for the least expensive diving you can do (besides airfare) contact me at Radnewt@aol.com. I am a Rescue Diver as is my 16yo daughter and my 19yo son is a Dive Master. Wife is Adventure Diver and does not understand why the rest of us keep getting more certifications...lol....

Greetings,

Pittsburgh, Pa.
Pittsburgh Rock Quarries, Bahamas, Caymen's, Lake Erie
SPLASH Water Sports, Inc. - Pittsburgh, Pa.

Just started the Padi Open Course in late April & am now one dive away from AOW along with my wife that is 51 who also started at the same time as me. Logged about 20 dives + over the last several months. Love it so far! Plan on continuing on & getting Nitrox & Dry Suit classes. Rescue Diver would be nice if the health holds out.

Started scuba because all our friends do it and we had to do something when all of our snow melted because we are snow skiers!

Have a good one!

PS - A lot of people thought we were out of our minds we we started this at this age! Maybe they are right but boy are we having fun and learning a lot....and spending money on all this equipment...huh...& we thought skiing was equipment intensive!!!!!

Live in North Ft Myers, FL (Result of years of planning, not an accident)
Certifications: NAUI Scuba Diver '66; PADI AOW,Nitrox,Drysuit '03
Have dived: California Coast, North Idaho lakes and rivers, Puget Sound
Current dives: South FL coasts (Gluf & Atlantic), Keys, Bahamas
Favorit Operator: Usually the one I'm with. :wink:

...North Idaho lakes and rivers...
Next time your up here, gimme a holler and we'll dive.

Age 60, but only for one more month. Got certified at 57. Dive mostly in Fla-Pompano, Key Largo, Pensacola, Key West. AOW certification. Live in West Virginia and dive Summersville Lake. Dive shop is Mountain Divers. The owner just recently moved to Grand Cayman so I'm going there in November for a week of diving. I'm stoked, for an old feller!!!

Age 55, certified at age 50. Now advanced certified, have dove Grand Cayman, Cozumel, St. Lucia, St. Thomas, Barbados and dive locally at Summersville Lake. A local resident of southern WV. Have loved every minute of my diving time. My buddy is my 17 year old son, giving us some quality time together. We went through our scuba classes together.

I thought I posted when I joined the board earlier this year, but I can't find it so I'll try again.

I'm 64 (65 in Dec) and started diving in Jan 2001. Got PADI OW cert in Grand Cayman, AOW in June and was out of commission due to surgeries for about 12 months total in the interim. However, I've still managed to log 160+ dives and obtain PADI Master cert with EANx, Cavern and a dozen other certs along the way.

I enjoy all kinds of diving at least the first time, but my love is wreck diving which we have the best of here in NC. This has been a very slow year as well due mostly to lack of available buddies so I'd love to find some new ones (mature or not) in the Eastern NC area.

I don't know how I missed this before:

I am in Miami
Mostly dive off Miami Beach with RJ's or down in the Upper Keys and whenever I go on a cruise. Working on a trip to Coz.
I am still OW, but working on AOW

Started only a few years ago, but fell in love with it.

Hi Hank49,
You just caused me a blast from the past! I was in Stan Creek in 1976 with the British Army but that was before Scuba but I remember the great snorleling of the Battier Reef!
That was when Belieze had no tourists and was incredibly cheap!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom