How often do you clear your mask?

How often do you clear your mask during an average dive?

• Usually never after the initial clearing

Votes: 67 34.7%
  • Once

Votes: 21 10.9%
  • Couple of times

Votes: 56 29.0%
  • 4-6 times

Votes: 23 11.9%
  • 7-10 times

Votes: 8 4.1%
  • Dozen or more times

Votes: 10 5.2%
  • All the same if I wore a mask or not, I am constantly clearing it

Votes: 8 4.1%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Even if I don't trim the whiskers immediately under my nose I have found that I have a mask that fits well and if I take a few extra seconds to position it properly it doesn't require any clearing during the dive. I tried a lot of masks in the store before I selected the one I bought because I could get a good seal.

Too lazy to shave so I have to clear my mask alot. Really causes me to pull mask tight.

But I might look dumb with no facial hair. Oh well.

that's what i like about having a fat round head. lol every mask fits me well after a bit trimming of the facial hair. try some grease for the hair if you don't want to trim it.

tomboyy:
Excuse my ignorance please and remember this is a safe forum:D but if you get a fin in the face isn't it your fault... kinda like following to close for conditions?

Usually.

One thing I've noticed is that on my warm water dives (Key largo and Cozumel), my mask never seemed to leak at all. But it does constantly in the cold water of the quarries up here. After reading some of the posts here, maybe it is because of strap position or tightness of the strap (hood in cold water, no hood in warm water). It definitely gives me some things to try fixing next time I dive. But really it's gotten to the point where it doesn't bother me much anymore. When the water gets in my nose or even on my cheeks to the bottom of my eyes, I just breath out through my nose and it clears.

Unless I forget to pull my hoodback all the way, my mask doesn't usually leak. Unless of course one of my buddies makes me laugh which breaks the seal and water comes streaming in...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom