Various Bahamas destinations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaSteve

Wow.....what a DB
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have never been to the Bahamas but have always wanted to. The thing that has always stopped me...PRICE. It is one of the more expensive destinations and although I really want to dive there, I cannot pay for one week there what I can get 2 weeks for elsewhere. This is just an example and cannot immediately be supported but it is more expensive than many places. Are there other islands in the chain that are more reasonably priced than the standard and more popular areas (e.g. Nassau). I saw in another thread people said "GO TO T&C"....been there, did that and did not want the T-shirt. The T&C diving was far from carrying the UMPH that other spots have.

I knew people that had a place on Crooked Island but they no longer own it so I am out of luck there....besides there was only a part time compressor (not available reliably) on the island. I personally do not require 5* but want to be comfortable and safe. Is there any suggestions where a 1 week Bahamian dive vacation can cost similar to say a week in Bonaire - flight included (which has excellent diving - heading back again in 3 weeks)?

Just looking for input and ideas. Thank you in advance

yes, if do a liveaboard! The food, diving, and your room are all part of the price and you will get in 4-5 dives per day. Best bang for your buck and each of these 3 liveaboards does a different area of Bahamas.
Nekton Cruises > Home (boat leaves from Ft. Lauderdale for Bahamas trips so airfare is cheaper)
Scuba Diving Bahamas Liveboard Aqua Cat (boat leaves from Nassau)
Explorer Ventures: Adventures in Live-Aboard Diving (boat leaves from Georgetown)

check out one of my videos from this past April trip on Nekton:
[vimeo]983961[/vimeo]

robin:D

Thanks a lot Robin. Your video is amazing and I wish I could justify the liveaboard. I will have to look at it closer because previously I had ruled even Nekton out because it was roughly 1.5 to 2 times as much as another trip with their cheapest rate and my airfare....I really want to go to the Bahamas so unless there are other "cost effective" land based options, I might have to just bite the bullet once so I can experience it.

Back
Top Bottom