Average price for a 2-tank dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cappyjon431

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
This might be the wrong board for this question, but I figured what group would have a better knowledge of the answer to my question?

I was recently having a discussion with some divers and the subject of the rising costs of dive trips came up. Having not traveled for dive trips in a while I felt "out of touch" with the discussion but was intrigued by the question: What is the average charge for a two tank dive trip? I realize that answers might vary considerably, so if possible, also let me know by geographical region.

Thanks!

Last time in the keys 2 years ago it was 65-70 unless you booked multiples. then you get maybe 5 bucks off for each trip up to 4 or so. SO a 4 trip package worked out to like 50 a trip.
THe Lake Erie charter we use for tech starts at 85 this year and goes up from there depending on the site. If it's out a ways it may be 100. He does not discount. Course these are deeper cold water dives so 2 dives a day is the usual. In Bonaire we had a package at the resort and I did not ask what their single rate was. In Monterey last year it was 85 for a two tank trip.

In the Pacific Northwest, it ranges from $75-100, plus tip

In Panama City Beach, Florida, it's about $85 per two-tank "in-shore"/"4-hour" trip. The deeper sites farther from shore are more.

Price depends on a number of factors. I paid $115 in Rocky Point, Mexico for my most recent two tank boat dive. However, there is only one dive shop for a couple hundred miles in any direction.

Locally, $60 or so for two tanks on the lake.

San Diego, California

Just off shore to Wreck Alley, 2 tank dive .. $75
Coronado Islands, 3 or 4 tank dive ... $110

Key West, FL averages $75 - $85/2 tank dive trip. Plus tip. Buying a dive pass of 4 trips (8 dives) cuts the cost to about $27/each dive. Add more for tanks, weight, even more for dive gear rental.

Back
Top Bottom