lightweight alternative to Jets (for travel) ...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

the ForceFin outperform the Jets in every kick except the frog kick. They have a completely different feel because you are going from a very rigid fin to a very flexible fin, but once you get used to them you'll find yourself moving easier and conserving air, just have to give yourself 4-5 dives to get used to the different feel and you'll probably be hooked. If you really need a good Frog Kick the Excellerators are the fin for you.

I know its been a while since the question was asked but I will reply anyway. Meesier is right about the FF feeling completely different than the Jets and being good for different kick styles. That being said I don't fully agree with his conclusion. I would have to say that under normal diving the the Jets with a frog kick will actually conserve more air and allow you to move easier. The Force Fins are good fins but they do work best with a flutter kick which isn't my favorite. They can actually be used with a frog kick, but not with anywhere near the results that you get with the jets.

I love my jets, but despite being a completely different style of fin I do have to say that the force fins are my second favorite set of fins.

~Jess

Someone already mentioned the Deep Outdoors SixGill and I would second it for travel and also as a nice all around fin. They frog kick well have great control and are light weight at about 2lbs. I first tried these on vacation and my wife and I each bought a pair.

DrDuktayp

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom