How many divers are dog lovers/owners?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Add me, another diving dog lover. My wife is a non diver, she won't come with me on dive trips if the dog can't come. And its hard to find places to dive that allow pets. We have 3 labs here's a web page of the oldest one she's 8 years old now the link shows her when she was about a year old.
abbey's page

Last edited:
ok we have our share of pure bred mutts ourselves. 1 airdale (Copper) 1 jack russell (pistol) 1 Australian shepherd (Riley) and finally 1 Wire hair pointer (Jake).

All are well trained to sit and stay etc... wire hair is trained for hunting and knows hand signals and whistle commands.

Aussie is trained on goats and roping steers and thats another hobby of mine team roping.

Airdale is trained for hogs and rabbits. Both airdale and wirehair also hunt with a falcon as thats another hobby of mine falconry.

I just need one to scuba dive and retrieve fish and I will be set.

My wife :bash:does not scuba dive so she watches the critters. Thank god that she has no hobbies except me the kids and dogs!

:yeahbaby:

Sounds like a lot of us have Australian Shepherds. I have 6 and have been raising and showing them for 16 years though don't breed often at al.
As for who watches my dogs while I am gone, my brother in law lives with us so he watches dogs when I am gone.

Cody looks so much like my previous dog, Kiddo, who passed away last year. (this pic is a few years old)
kiddo.jpg

Aww! Very cute. They do look alike :wink:.

Hey, folks, I just got back from the animal hospital. I'd be greatful if you could send some good thoughts to my dog, Marley, a 10 year old black Standard Poodle. He collapsed this morning. First I thought he'd broken something, rushed him to the vet, then it turned out to be a hemorraging bone cancer (type undetermined as of of yet). If he makes it through the night I've got some tough decisions to make.

Anyway, good thoughts for him are much appreciated.

Wow, very scary. Hope Marley gets better soon. Hope its not his time, and he can atleast be on meds and be better and without pain.

Sending out good vibes for Marley.

I love dogs. I grew up with golden retrievers, then had a doberman (mother) scottie (father) mix. Yeah, he was really messed up...LOL. When we moved to Fl. I just didn't feel it was right to have a dog when I wasn't around to give them the attention they need/deserve, so now have cats that own me.

shoredivr, please keep us updated on Marley. I feel so bad for you (and him).

Last edited:
Big hugs and positive vibes for Marley and for you.
Ber :lilbunny:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom