Question about the Drycore

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hawkenph

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi all,
I was wondering. Is the Dry core in the Fusion the same size? Or is it like the outer skin as far as LG/XL sizing Sm/Med.etc.. The reason I am asking is that I am working on loosing weight and as of right now I am LG/XL size what happens when I loose more weight and the LG/XL becomes too big? Is it just a skin replacement?
Kurt

Hey Hawkenph,
The DRY CORE is not the same size throughout the size run but catered to the size of the suit. The unique feature of this suit is even if you gain or lose weight the suit will expand or conform to your figure. To give you an example of how forgiving this suit is, I can literally dive three out of the four sizes. The one factor you might find is if you lost a lot of weight your neck diameter may change, where once a perfect fitting latex neck seal might become too loose. The solution is to replace the seal, a minor alteration and normally something you do every couple of years pending on the amount of dives. I hope this addresses your concern.

Cheers,
“There are only two ways to dive, naked or dry”

Hi Kurt,

The Drycores in the Fusion are all different sizes to accomodate the height and weight ranges of each suit. However, due to the nature of the Fusion and the fact that the drycores are cut oversized, we only need 4 different Drycore sizes to fit anyone from 90lbs - 250lbs.

If you are a L/XL size right now, that means that you weigh between 160-210lbs and are between 5'9" - 6'1" in height. As you can see, this single size can fit a wide weight range of 40lbs! I persoanlly weigh 180lbs so I dive the L/XL and I have room to loose 20-30lbs or gain 30-40lbs (hopefully not) before I would need a different size.

This is the beauty of the Fusion, it will give you a custom fit whether you add or gain weight, or whether you are diving in the tropics with minimal undergarments one week, and diving in Alaska with maximum undergarments the next.

To answer your question, if you are near the minimum weight range for the L/XL, and you plan on losing a significant amount of weight you don't have to worry about the Drycore fitting, but to get the extra streamlining you could definitly add a smaller size skin.

However, I wouldn't think this would be an issue unless you currently weight 160-170lbs, and plan on dropping down to 140-150lbs.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,

Justin Balaski
Whites Manufacturing Ltd.

Thank you both for your answers. Just to let you know Justin. I am 5'6" and a half. around 200lbs. With a 44" chest and waist of around 36-37. I don't think I will ever get back to my Old Military weight which was around 165. But, I would be happy between 170 and 190. I have asked 2 LDS and they both recommended the LG/XL for me.
Thank you again.
Kurt

Thank you both for your answers. Just to let you know Justin. I am 5'6" and a half. around 200lbs. With a 44" chest and waist of around 36-37. I don't think I will ever get back to my Old Military weight which was around 165. But, I would be happy between 170 and 190. I have asked 2 LDS and they both recommended the LG/XL for me.
Thank you again.
Kurt

I would also put you in a L/XL if you were fit in my store.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom