New Reg or New Guitar??????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Guitar!!!!

Since you posted, I suppose you really want us to give our answers to your question. There is only one answer: I say buy the regulator. Since I can't play any musical instrument, it's a no brainer. That's what I would do.

Since you posted, I suppose you really want us to give our answers to your question. There is only one answer: I say buy the regulator. Since I can't play any musical instrument, it's a no brainer. That's what I would do.

With THAT attitude you'll never be a rock star!

Well due to the overwhelming majority (and my love for guitars) here it is. The new axe!!!! A lefty 7 String Schecter. I love the skull knobs! Thanks for all the input. After the summer I will get a new reg. I think then I will be able to justify it to the mrs.

Attachments

• 100_1710.JPG
    100_1710.JPG
    392.2 KB · Views: 27
  • 100_1713.jpg
    100_1713.jpg
    346.8 KB · Views: 28
How often do you dive?
How often do you play a guitar?

Answer these out loud and you'll know immediately what the choice should be.

How often do you dive?
How often do you play a guitar?

Answer these out loud and you'll know immediately what the choice should be.

Well Said!

As yet another guitar-playing diver, I say...

GUITAR! Yeah, yeah, new guitars are always good!!!!!

For me a reg is purely functional--you take care of it, it takes care of you. Unless you need a spare or one for different conditions, I personally can't see the excitement in buying another one.

Guitars, otoh, are so varied and just plain cool that it's fun to go out and take your pick. I mean, for me, just to go to GC or Sam Ash and spend three hours annoying all the sales associates with my noodling is heaven. And dreaming: Do I want that sunburst Strat or a blonde Telecaster or a '62 reissue SG, or maybe that sweeeet white Firebird reissue? And which sounds better, the Valve King 212 or the AC30? The beauty of it is, since I can't afford any of them, I don't have to make up my mind! :) However, I do know from experience that adding to a guitar collection is wondrously satisfying in a way that I can't see with a scuba reg.

To say nothing of stompboxes. For the price of one guitar you could go on a shopping spree and pick up half a dozen different boutique fuzztones. Who couldn't stand one or two more of those? :)

JMO

cheers

Billy S.

ps--I think the Valve King 212 does sound better than an AC30.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom