Sticky Button DC-800

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ghostrunner007

Contributor
Reaction score
I been having a problem with my DC-800, the camera will work perfectly during a dive, until I come up about 20 ft then the main button will jam until I tap on the housing then it will work again. It only happens when I go down to bout 100' and the come up to 80' . If I stay above 80' the button will work with no problem if I go up or down in depth.

I have had a similar problem with my DC800. I didn't notice a specific depth that would trigger the problem but I could not get it to repeat on the surface. I have it sent back for warranty right now and hope to have it back soon.

Open your housing, depress the problem button and inspect for rust. May as well inspect all. Apply tiny bit of silicone grease from the inside to any rusty areas, and probly wouldn't be a bad idea for that button even if not rusty.

Yep checked for rust and found none,as it only happens after approx. 80' I was wondering if its the following: When the housing is at 100' it might be compressing a small amount , this would cause the camera inside to shift a bit and catch the edge of the block that is attached to the button.

Ok it was worth a try, sorry I couldn't help more. Maybe Denise will have an idea or phone Carl there.

I have the same problem with the sticky shutter button. Sealife Repair Department said to ship it back to them for a replacement houseing... Contact Sealife directly, or the sealife Rep here on the board... Its great Sealife is replacing my houseing no problem at all....

Well, looks like I am no the only one having this problrm, hopefully the sealife rep chimes in and lets me know if this is an known issue.

I would suggest putting a small amount of silicone lubricant on the shaft of the sticking button then work it back and forth until it frees up. Use a tooth pick to apply the lubricant. Make sure to apply it to the inside of the housing and not on the outside.

If that doesn't work, you can send it in to us and have our service technician take a look.

Denise:

The button only sticks when I start to comeup from a dive , it works just fine at depth and once I tap the housung as I come up. I will try your solution and hopefully it works. Thanks for the quick reply, this is one reason we own 3 sealife cameras

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom