Product Design - Scuba Equipment/Gear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks. I was totally unaware of this. Probably because it stopped being sold before I started diving, and I never stumbled across a mention of it.

Well, I still think it's a good idea, and googling around it seems like several reviewers of the actual device did as well. But, it was tried and isn't being sold now, so there was some problem somewhere. Maybe just too expensive at the time, or had other negatives that offset the neat voice feature. Maybe other manufacturers need to wait for patent expiration to add the feature. Or maybe I'm just wrong about the market size for this.

Anyway, thanks for bringing it to my attention.

In those day's(somewhere in the mid 90's) it was more then double the price,as a normal computer.
So the price was one thing that killed it.

Underwater vehicle that the diver pedals.

So would GILLS be an appropriate answer???
Shhhh... that's classified, just like the chemical light sticks used to be.
The week after they (the light sticks) were declassified they were on sale in K-Mart.

How about a back plate that can take the weight of the scuba unit off of the shoulders and place it on the hips like a hiking backpack. This way someone with a back injury like myself can use them.
Been done already; the Poseidon BeSea. Folks that have to spend long hours suited up topside love the critters (bridge inspectors, the folks at the EPA, & some training outfits)
000-55_200.jpg

Underwater vehicle that the diver pedals.
Didn't DaVinci draw one of those things?
I know the Russkies have... .:: Blue Space ::. A Unique Innovation Project. Dry Multi-Role Underwater Vehicle with Muscle Drive. The application of rotor-type propulsions in the structure of the vehicle in combination with a hull formed by special geometry designed to implement

Wetsuit heaters. Not those little heat packs that just heat your kidneys, but something that could radiate heat throughout the suit, maybe built into an undergarment. Sure you can go drysuit, but so many become semi-dry (leaks) which defeats the purpose.

There are a number of these around. Check out the Patco models. We use these at our shop both wet and dry.

Wetsuit heaters. Not those little heat packs that just heat your kidneys, but something that could radiate heat throughout the suit, maybe built into an undergarment. Sure you can go drysuit, but so many become semi-dry (leaks) which defeats the purpose.

There are a number of these around. Check out the Patco models. We use these at our shop both wet and dry.

$1000!!!!!!!!! I'll stay a bit chilly.

Kind of like an astronaut-style "spaghetti suit", maybe? A suit with a network of tubes or channels running through it, fed by a small water heater/pump.

cheers

Billy S.

Kind of like an astronaut-style "spaghetti suit", maybe? A suit with a network of tubes or channels running through it, fed by a small water heater/pump.

cheers

Billy S.

Hot water suits are used in deep sat diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom