Trip Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Annasea,
On Camiguin we stayed at Paras Beach Resort. We enjoyed the island a lot and I could recommend Paras Beach. There are a few beautiful waterfalls and hot springs nearby, and there is a great Italian restaurant just a few hundred meters from the resort. The food at the resort was okay, but we rarely ate at the resort because the italian restaurant was great. The island is a very fun place with lot of options for outdoor sports, but the diving wasn't up to the same level and Dauin or Apo Island in our opinion. One day we did an all day trip to do three dives on an island an hour and a half boatride from the resort. I think the name was Mantigue island. The diving around Mantigue was very good. Comparing places on this trip I would say Dauin was my favorite, Apo and Mantigue were above average, and the diving near Paras Beach Resort was below average. I don't regret going to Camiguin at all though. It is a beautiful island with very friendly people. Though the diving wasn't our favorite, apart from the diving it was among our favorite places.

Excellent information! Thank you for sharing, gravity. :)

is that a juvey blue ring? i didn't know they got so pale... nice shot! and the white pipefish as well...

when you get settled in would love to hear more of your adventures - 85 dives must've generated a whole lot of stories to tell...

thanks for sharing!

Jag

Wow! Awesome pictures!! I love d Mandarin Fish, ghost pipefish, the pygmy, crinoid commensal shrimp, esp the fringe-lip flathead! (Where did you shot this?)
Actually ALL of them!
Great shots!! Thank you for sharing! :wink:))

Please read my post about my first phiilpines Trip. You have to get a trip report together, even a short one. No way can you leave me hanging like this. Although I'm doing video now your pics certainly piqued my interest. All I can do is ask for MORE.

is that a juvey blue ring? i didn't know they got so pale... nice shot! and the white pipefish as well...

when you get settled in would love to hear more of your adventures - 85 dives must've generated a whole lot of stories to tell...

thanks for sharing!

Jag

I don't think it was a juvenile. Not sure about the paleness of it. Does a blue ring change its skin color the way other octos do? or it could be the picture may be a little overexposed. Here is another picture where it is less pale:

2880746498_74afd3fd1d_b.jpg

We have a lot of stories, and I am happy to answer questions about specific places. Unfortunately, I will not have enough time in the near future to put together a full trip report. We are in the US now, but leaving here for Sipadan at the end of the month. We will be on Borneo until the end of the year and I have a lot of business to take care of before we leave here.

Wow! Awesome pictures!! I love d Mandarin Fish, ghost pipefish, the pygmy, crinoid commensal shrimp, esp the fringe-lip flathead! (Where did you shot this?)
Actually ALL of them!
Great shots!! Thank you for sharing! :wink:))

Mandarin fish, blue ringed octo, and red nudi was in Puerto Galera.
Shrimp, seamoth, and pygmy seahorse were in Malapascua
Lionfish and anemone were in Moalboal
The rest were in Dauin.

I can't find that i posted a fringe-lip flathead. I may have one or two on my flickr page. I am still working on putting more photos up there, so I'd recommend checking it in a few days but the link is Flickr: lucas price's Photostream.

Please read my post about my first phiilpines Trip. You have to get a trip report together, even a short one. No way can you leave me hanging like this. Although I'm doing video now your pics certainly piqued my interest. All I can do is ask for MORE.

I read your post. I have pics posted on flickr.com/lucasprice but I am still working on adding good pics and removing poor pics.

You will have great diving in Puerto Galera. We dove with Mark at SeaRider and I would highly recommend his shop. His was our favorite shop and he was our favorite divemaster on our trip. His shop is on one of the La Laguna beaches (don't remember whether it was big la laguna or small la laguna) but any of the resorts on either la laguna is a short walk to his shop. It looks like you may already have any other plans, and I don't know enough to say how he compares to other shops in PG. But Mark's shop was great for us. Your group will always have their own divemaster and won't be pushed into a large group with SeaRider and his prices are extremely competitive. He also gave me some photography advice which paid dividends through the trip.

The rest were in Dauin.

I can't find that i posted a fringe-lip flathead. I may have one or two on my flickr page. I am still working on putting more photos up there, so I'd recommend checking it in a few days but the link is Flickr: lucas price's Photostream.

Must be a seamoth then. Its d pic between d boxer shrimp & pgymy. There are several similar species of d flathead some w/ a longer snout, others differ in d spiny head ridges.
Wow! but i love all ur photos! Please share more when you got the time.
Thank you so much. :))

thanks for sharing..very nice pix

The rest were in Dauin.

WOW!!! Ive viewed all 55 pages. Amazing!! :worship:Cant wait to see more of your photos. :jumping:
The Sept 18 & 19 pictures, where were they taken? Love them all!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom