Whites p-valve or other?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AbyssalPlains

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi! I'm about to order a Whites drysuit but unsure about how to go on the p-valve. I definitely want one, and the easiest would be to have Whites install one, but theirs are basically (bulky) dump valves, whereas Halcyon and OMS and others make smaller ones that seem less likely to get in the way. Is it easy enough to install a third-party p-valve later on or is this such a tricky process that it would be a good idea to have it done through the manufacturer when they make the suit for me?

Hi! I'm about to order a Whites drysuit but unsure about how to go on the p-valve. I definitely want one, and the easiest would be to have Whites install one, but theirs are basically (bulky) dump valves, whereas Halcyon and OMS and others make smaller ones that seem less likely to get in the way. Is it easy enough to install a third-party p-valve later on or is this such a tricky process that it would be a good idea to have it done through the manufacturer when they make the suit for me?

I have a White's Fusion, and I self installed the Halcyon streamlined balanced P-valve.
It is small profile, comes with all instructions and parts, and works perfectly.
The installation was a breeze, and i've had no leaks or issues after 50+ dives.

Geoff

I installed the Delrin version of the OMS sweet pee in my Fusion. It has a separate screw off cover over the mushroom valve. It works great to catpure the skin or tech skin on top of the bladder.

Danny, it is pretty darn tricky. Took me four beers to get up enough guts to punch a hole in my brand new dry suit. Then there was the problem that I chose to locate it in a piece of Kevlar. Then the actual installation problem, I either lost a diaphram, or it was not installed to start with, so we leaked.

But, now it is the brand I want, located where I want and I know how to take it a part and clean it without reading the directions.

I know you can do it, and I know at least three friends that will share beer with you while you do it. You just have to pick the model and we will vote on the location.

adios don O

Very easy to do. I wouldn't waste the money on delrin,balanced p-valves. I been using the original Werner (Roger Werner is credit with being the inventor) valve for years,and simple is good.

Back
Top Bottom