How was your Summer?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tavi

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
LED's How was your Summer? Did you do much diving??

Me............for diving the summer really sucked. We had a couple of slow months at work, So for a change, I had the time but not the $. The price of gas didn't help either or I would have been up to Lake Erie a lot more than I was.

Debbie and I (along with some freinds) will be making up for it soon!! 2 weeks on Grand Bahama Island!! We'll be staying at Ocean Reef Yacht Club and Resort. We'll be diving with Grand Bahama Scuba

I'm sure that as long as the weather gods are smiling on us, we'll be logging more dives in the first week than I did all summer!!

I hope that your summer diving was better than mine!! and that next year is better for all of us!!

Well.. I have to say it sucked for me as well. I had hoped to get out WAY more than I did, between work, weather, gas prices, and some back problems, I think I dove way less that usual and we even put the boat in a slip! On the up side I did spend a great week in Tobago last month, diving with some great friends!

I am about to disappear into the woods for about a month and a half, but, I plan on trying to coordinate a holiday gathering when I emerge so stay tuned!

Dan

I had a good summer!! Not too much diving, however. But, while up at the cottage in Plattsburgh, I got more diving in then ever!!! Almost every day and I was there for 10 days!! 8 dives, 2 on a rebreather. What a trip! Nothing like diving out front of your own house, as much as you want, whenever you want!! My instructor just kept bringing me tanks.... we were in for almost 2 hours every day. Found and marked a couple good moorings, explored a lot. Lots of fish!! While on the rebreather, we were surrounded by a school of perch. 500+. Wicked.

While I didn't get any paid diving in, those days in Plattsburgh were better then ever!! I hope to get you all up there sometime! Maybe next summer we can schedule something. There are other cottages next to ours that we can rent. They are owned by my family so the price will be good.

Maybe next year, gas will come down and I'll have more of the green stuff.

--Heather.

Roughly 167 more hours to go! :D

Yeah! Pretty soon we'll start counting the minutes! :D

It was a great trip!!

It's official............. I did twice as many dives in the Bahamas this year, as I did near home!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom