Don't know about basic or not ... lights

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The fixed-focus Salvo 10W is a very bright little light. I have dived with someone using it, and the spot was tight and central brightness was almost comparable to my 21W. The spot is not as large, and of course, the spill is less.

I LOVE my Salvo light, and I cannot possibly say enough good things about Salvo customer service (and I'm not alone). They're recently addressed my one complaint about the lights, which was the Anderson connectors, and their new lights are using banana plugs into a permanently installed battery in the canister. I can see pluses and minuses for this approach, but it's tempting me to upgrade :)

I have the old type salvo 21 watt hid and its amazing,iv had it approx a year or so but its mint. I recently had a problem with it, it ignited and went out immediately,took it to nik naks they sent it off to salvo in usa it came back with a new ballast ,switch unit and umbilical cord,works perfectly now. So my nervousness at paying nearly a grand for my light has gone in a puff of smoke, Salvo and niknaks rock and their after sales service is first class!! Anything I buy now I always look at niknaks first.

I don't think Halcyon is "attacking" them. I think the two companies are competing, and the results are good for all of us . . . I don't see Halcyon putting Salvo out of business, though, since the company makes VERY good products and absolutely stands behind them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom