Regulator Parts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jbrians

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I was given a Sherwood Magnum Blizzard regulator/Octo because people took pitty on me for diving old equipment!
It functions in the pool but I wanted it looked at before trusting it in real water.
My local diveshop says it's not worth his while to service it. (SRB3200-3300)
We don't have a lot of choice in Dive shops here either. I have to believe there are still parts, etc available for it. I see kits for sale on EBay from time to time.
Any advice?

Yep, contact Scubatoys, I suspect they have kits or buy one off Ebay, go to the Frogkick web site and down load the manual then do it yourself. It's not rocket science and you will have a good reg the YOU can repair. All the tools you need are either common ones or ones you can make yourself. The old Sherwoods are not top of the line but they are still darn near bulletproof and very easy to repair.

My local diveshop says it's not worth his while to service it.
Let me guess; your shop doesn't sell Sherwood, or else they're trying to push a brand new one off on you?
... Any advice?
Yah; your nearest service facility is no further away than your mailbox.

The Sherwood Blizzard is a robust dependable cold weather reg that *should* work well for you in cold water. It's one of the preferred regs of PSDers & folks that have to get into the cold stuff, no always by choice.

Thanks for the quick replies.
I would certainly give replacing "O" rings, etc a go but I can't find a place that has a rebuild kit for sale. Scubatoys doesn't have at any rate. Ebay comes and goes as far as availability goes as well.
Any ideas?

Back
Top Bottom