Royal AquaMaster and quasi DIR???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

About the "joke", I have high regard for Nemrod and meant nothing untoward. It's a metaphor; If anybody could figure out how to "DIR" a double hose rig it would be him. He already has the BP/W, heh.

I did some fooling around with my H valve to see just how a double and single hose would fit.

I used an OMS H-valve on a LP120 steel tank. Here is the H-valve as I usually have it.
HValve.jpg

I put in the plug to convert the main port to a Yoke and first tried my non-converted Aqua Master and found that with this valve I would need a long yoke to fit. So switching over to my PRAM I was able to set up both regs without interference. It looks like any DH reg with a long yoke will fit without a problem.
Hvalvefrontf.jpg

Hvalvefrontside.jpg

Next I tried my original idea of rotating the side valve 180 degrees and got this
HValveRevFront.jpg

HValvereversed.jpg

The major disadvantage in the reversed configuration is that you will not be able to reach the knob to shut down the single hose like this. But if I was to use a left hand side valve instead of the right hand one here, the result would be the knob on top.

I think this might be an answer for traveling with a DH, take a H-valve with you and put it on "your" tank at a resort. You might want to take a quick peek inside the tank when you change over the valve with a small light (a 2 AAA Pelican light on a string will make it through a 3/4" valve) and get an idea of how clean the resorts tanks really are.

Pete Johnson

About the "joke", I have high regard for Nemrod and meant nothing untoward. It's a metaphor; If anybody could figure out how to "DIR" a double hose rig it would be him. He already has the BP/W, heh.

No worries, I don't think however we are going to be invited into the Borg colony any time soon. Somebody made a special trip down here just to let us know our hoses are not DIR :depressed:. That is wrong thinking however, we are DIR, they Do It Right, we Do It Righteous :D.

Nice outfit there Gill.

N, down with the man

Luis,

Your right about the Banjo being defective. I have emailed Bryan.

Gilldiver

Thanks for the pic's of the H valve It's very interesting. I think with the reverse valve and Knob on top it would be a very cool Travel rig. I may try it.

Nemrod

I did pick up a Sherwood. here it is..

This set up is really nice!!!
DSCF0593-2.jpg

I'm not into doubles yet but I bought it anyway. I want a set up like yours in the future.

I think I'll wait for Bryan to replace my Banjo and go that route for the class. If I do not like it I will use the SPG port on the tank valve until the Beloved Phoenix is available

Just to get it straight, here is the web page for OMS H-valves: OMS Valves & Manifolds http://www.OMSdive.com

What I have is the V103 and V111 assemblies.

To get a reversed H-Valve with the knob on top you would use the V103 with the V111L assemblies.

Or, use the V103L and V111 assemblies to have the single hose on the left side.

Pete

Mounting a pony out back could serve the accessories as long as it's sized to cover the alternate second stage's worst case bailout requirement. Of course it's not as economical as a banjo and plumbing sundries.

Pete

That set-up works well for me, the pony/reg is well out of the way of my Phoenix. With a 19 I don't even feel it back there. I do like the H-valve options!

Poog:coffee:
Now on a quest for a Voit Doublehose...

Attachments

• Picture 008.jpg
    Picture 008.jpg
    236 KB · Views: 122
Luis,

Your right about the Banjo being defective. I have emailed Bryan.

Gilldiver

Thanks for the pic's of the H valve It's very interesting. I think with the reverse valve and Knob on top it would be a very cool Travel rig. I may try it.

Nemrod

I did pick up a Sherwood. here it is..

This set up is really nice!!!
DSCF0593-2.jpg

I'm not into doubles yet but I bought it anyway. I want a set up like yours in the future.

I think I'll wait for Bryan to replace my Banjo and go that route for the class. If I do not like it I will use the SPG port on the tank valve until the Beloved Phoenix is available

Those are new Luxfer 50 cf tanks. The bands are custom made by Vic in Canada. The rigging is an aluminum Hammerhead back plate with a standard Hog type single piece harness. I don't use a wing with it, I use a Sea Tec horse collar BC or a Dacor dual bladder Sea Chute horse collar BC. I don't use a Phoenix on this rig, I run a DA or RAM and let the auxiliary single hose handle the SPG and inflater. The single hose first you see is a old Voit MR12 but a MKV type with swivel turret also is excellent.

The rig could also be set up with Peanut King bands and a Simmonbeans Sea Hunt harness and of course any horse collar. I find this unit between the weight of the plate and the heavyweight Sherwood manifold with two regulators is just to heavy for shirt and swimsuit no BC diving. I imagine with a 3/2 or 5/4 you might not be to negative to ditch the BC.

NO, the knob does not hit the hose in use and BTW if you were to insert the longer Phoenix first stage in here there is even more room.

I use the rig for solo diving to 130 feet and general diving where it might be handy to have an auxiliary regulator such as for an OOA buddy. I have on occasion slung a 30 or 40 along for deco and redundancy since this rig is not full isolating.

N

INFIDELxx:

I have a USD long yoke, banjo fitting, hookah port adapter and three-way port adapter that I used on my DA Aquamaster before I converted it to PRAM with the Phoenix nozzle. I'll sell them to you if you want them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom