fin sizing...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

zahgurim

Contributor
Reaction score
I 'm currently using Volo Powers, size XL. Have had them for a while, and love them.

Just switched my much hated soft neoprene boots over to size 13 OTBs that I'll be using from here on in, as I get more into the tech/drysuit side of things.

Problem? The XL Volo footpocket is very tight on my new boots. It's doable, but involves some straining for both install and removal... enough that I'm now looking for something that fits better.
Don't want to change the Volos for anything else, but will if I have to.

I'd be happiest if the Volo Power was available in an XXL, but have searched and haven't found any in that sizing.

Suggestions?

I 'm currently using Volo Powers, size XL. Have had them for a while, and love them.

Just switched my much hated soft neoprene boots over to size 13 OTBs that I'll be using from here on in, as I get more into the tech/drysuit side of things.

Problem? The XL Volo footpocket is very tight on my new boots. It's doable, but involves some straining for both install and removal... enough that I'm now looking for something that fits better.

I'd be happiest if the Volo Power was available in an XXL, but have searched and haven't found any in that sizing.

Suggestions?

I wear size 13's as well, and dive the Whites EVO3 boot in Turtle fins.
They fit perfectly and I have 10" springs straps attached. As I don't know the OTB's you have, check on the Whitesdiving.com site and see how they compare build wise.
I am very happy with this combination.

Good luck,
Geoff

Thanks for the response!
I've seen the Turtles, Jets, and various similar-style clones around.

Was curious if Mares made a larger pocket drysuit-boot friendly fin...
Doesn't look like it?

Suggestions?

I ran into this problem of fin-pocket sizing when I replaced the boots on my drysuit. As a result, I needed to get larger fins. Turtle fins turned out to be the best fit for the new drysuit boots.

And the larger fins are too large to fit my wetsuit boots for warm-water diving.

Result: 2 sets of fins. The larger set is Turtles. The smaller is Scubapro.

No way around it.

Suggestions?

Sorry, I don't know how I missed this post. I am afraid we do not make an XXL footpocket. XL is as big as they come from us. Looks like there are a few suggestions from other divers here. I can appreciate you not wanting to switch from Volo's to Turtles. This would be a big difference in feel of kicking. Good luck with your hunt. Good news, at least your warm. :)

PM sent to Zak, or maybe one of you other Volo Power owners could help. Can someone weigh the pair of Volo Power fins on a small baby scale or fish scale? I'm looking for a light weight travel fin as my present Apollo Bio Split fins are dang heavy to pack with todays airline travel weight restrictions.........

Rocky,

Sorry I've been away for a few days. The Volo Powers are probably one of the lightest high performance fins on the market. Weighing in at a tad under 1.5lbs per fin. You are not alone, I just had a conversation with another consumer looking to replace their older "rubber" fins for this same reason.

I'm sure you will be very happy with the weight and performance of the Volo Power.

Swing by Divers Fair on Aurora, Seattle at the end of the month and we'll try to set you up.

Best regards,

Zak

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom