Easiest breathing regulator?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am a huge fan of Atomic Regulators. I own 2 B2s and love them. However, I am really loving the Sherwood SR1. It breathes like a dream. Very comfortable.

Aqualung Legend LX Supreme
Aeris ION
Apeks XTX 200
Scubapro Mk 25 S600

Apeks XTX200

Sherwood SR1!

You have to try and compare, after that, everybody will say:

Sherwood SR1

All company make very good reg but only one make the easiest breathing regulator!

John

Funny how everyone here thinks the reg they bought is the easiest breather.

They can't all be the best, especially when the easiest breather is in actuality the Atomic Z2, like mine. :D

....I've got regs from a number of manufacturers (Mares / Aqualung / Poseidon / Atomic / Apeks ) and honestly they've all done just fine at and beyond recreational depths. Presently the regs I'm using most often are Atomic M1 and Apeks XTX 200...both are excellent regs and I'd put them up against any other reg out there...remember though, a competent mid-level reg, well maintained/tuned by a 'pro' can defeat a spendy, top-of-the-line reg that's abused/incompetently tuned/serviced......so ont only get a good reg, treat it well and find yourself a good 'mechanic' too !

Karl

Funny how everyone here thinks the reg they bought is the easiest breather.

They can't all be the best, especially when the easiest breather is in actuality the Atomic Z2, like mine. :D

BT, No one could ever state it better than that.:lotsalove:

BT, No one could ever state it better than that.:lotsalove:

Yeah, it's the opposite of buyer's remorse but I can't think of the name for it.

It's funny the easiest breathing reg I have ever owned is a TX100/tx50 (Apeks). But that has more to do with the fact that it os perfectly shaped for my mouth and chin. Other regs don't fit as perfectly so I notice them more.

Second Stages I have owned r190, g250, g200b, tx100, tx50, Maximus, Micra, Atomics Ti, Conshelf, Omega, a bunch of Oceanics, a bunch of Sherwoods, and the motherlode of alternate inflator regs (shadow, Shadow+, AIr Mic, Air 2 (1st, second third gen) Octo plus.

The non balanced non adjustable ones without venturi effect all breathed worse then those with.

But I notice mouth comfort more than breathing effort.

Back
Top Bottom