3 Days in Key Largo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sskasser

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
My son is home on leave following Marine Boot Camp (SEMPER FI!). My brother and I are taking him for his first Keys diving trip this weekend in Key Largo and want to show him a good time, above and below the water. We're booked for ten dives, so that's covered. Any suggestions on a place to stay with a good "nightlife" scene for an 18 year old new Marine?

The only nightlife in Key Largo is Coconuts, but that may be a little calmer than what an 18 year old marine would want. Key West would be the "party" atmosphere for a marine.

If you get a chance stop by our shop and say hi. After hosting 8 soldiers/marines from SUDS in May/08 we'd just like to say thanks for his service.

Good Diving,

It is true Key Largo is a wonderfully small community, I love it. There is always south Beach Miami now that is an interesting place.

LOL, thanks guys, pretty much what I remembered from Key Largo. We had some great parties during my last few visits, but we alwasy brought the party. It's all good. He picked diving with us over anything else he could have done with his leave time, so I'm a happy momma!

Gary,
Thanks! Will do! I've been wanting to help out with SUDS. It's an awesome program. I keep meaning to do some research...on the to-do list for after he flies out.

I just got back from Key Largo a week ago from a diving trip.
The best night life for a minor (or 21+) is and always will be...a night dive(s)
:)

Yep, Cyberfed, we're planning on a night dive, too. Good call!

LOL, I just talked to him and said "Ya know, mom, spending Saturday afternoon and night in Key West *sightseeing* wouldn't be a bad plan." So I guess it's not ALL about the diving :)

I think fantasyfest is going on in KW right now which is like Mardi Gras. I think..not my thing so I didn't even bother driving that far south..

Looks like FF finished up this past Sunday, so we're safe there!

Ok- I hate to be the stick in the mud, but I want y'all to have a good time. The forecast this weekend is not good.

FRIDAY
NORTHEAST WINDS NEAR 20 KNOTS. SEAS BEYOND THE REEF 5 TO 8
FEET...EXCEPT HIGHER IN THE GULF STREAM. SEAS INSIDE THE REEF 2 TO 4
FEET. NEARSHORE WATERS ROUGH. ISOLATED SHOWERS.

FRIDAY NIGHT
NORTHEAST WINDS NEAR 20 KNOTS. SEAS BEYOND THE REEF
5 TO 8 FEET...EXCEPT HIGHER IN THE GULF STREAM. SEAS INSIDE THE REEF
2 TO 4 FEET. NEARSHORE WATERS ROUGH. SCATTERED SHOWERS.

SATURDAY
NORTHEAST WINDS NEAR 20 KNOTS. SEAS BEYOND THE REEF 5 TO
8 FEET...EXCEPT HIGHER IN THE GULF STREAM. SEAS INSIDE THE REEF 2 TO
4 FEET. NEARSHORE WATERS ROUGH. SCATTERED SHOWERS.

SUNDAY
NORTHEAST WINDS 15 TO 20 KNOTS. SEAS BEYOND THE REEF 5 TO
7 FEET...EXCEPT HIGHER IN THE GULF STREAM. SEAS INSIDE THE REEF 2 TO
3 FEET. NEARSHORE WATERS CHOPPY. SCATTERED SHOWERS.

It has screwed my weekend up too. I hate cold fronts......I would really look at some top side alternatives.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom