Best Cold-Water Reg???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We've just had a nice little thread about cold water regs, go have a look. Short story is there are several quality regs that do the job. Oceanic, Zeagle, Apeks, Scubapro. In general you want a sealed first stage, and preferably a second stage with a fair bit of metal in in, and a heatsink. That'll make for a reliable cold water reg.

I've had my apeks xtx200 down to 47 degrees in lake michigan, no problems.

Any opinions?

That would be a Royal Aqua Master or now a Phoenix Royal Aqua Master. :D
Both the first and second stage are environmentally sealed.

BTW, the regulator of choice in Antarctica was the Royal Aqua Master until about 1992. That is almost 20 years after the last RAM was built.

I have used my Apeks ATX 100 in Alaska (34 degree water), Lake Superior, and Lake Michigan and found it to function very well.

sherwood's are the best...Especially the Blizzard. i have had mine down to 160' in lake huron with 38 degree water temp.

My Apeks ATX 200 in Lake Superior and Colorado Mountain Lakes has been flawless for the last 4 years. Of course my buddy's Atomic M1 has been perfect when we dove together in those venues too.

I dive my Mares Abyss in the cold Great Lakes. Water temps in the mid 30's to the 40's.

Back
Top Bottom