November 7th Open House @ MissD's

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My mind somedays :doh::shakehead: I was thinking the 7th was a Saturday :blush: Since it is a Friday, I think 6 is a better time for those that are working that day. :)

The next M&G will be from 6-10 pm at Miss D's home near Westchase in Tampa. Please bring a coverd dish to share. Miss D will PM her address to those that dont already have it.

If you have any cool scuba pics or interesting treasure from diving please bring it for a show and tell!

Be sure to let me know who is attending, and what you are bringing. Dont forget to BYOB including any mixers you may need!

Ill start if off:

Myself & Robin - Michelob Ultra Beer, cookies, devil eggs.
MichelleA - 7 layer bean dip, Jack
I-Dive - Beer Bongs, Jello Shots, Strippers, Karaoke machine

Will bring booze and potato salad(and my bubble watcher):)

Haggis is Scottish, its the stomach of a sheep stuffed with organs, herbs, etc, then boiled.. to put it mildly its pretty nasty...LOL you seriously do not want anyone to bring any...LOL

as for food I will bring boring stuff, veggies and dip, I am not a drinker, so I will also bring some soda, probably diet creme soda ... yes Virginia there is a Santa Claus...

I had an idea it was pretty nasty but I thought I would ask. If you did bring it I would try some as an "educational experience".

Going to try to make it. I can bring some finger snacks. If stuck with the lil bits, I may only time for a quick M&G.

I had Haggis in Scotland while taking a extended vacation. Yummy. Cooked it once in the states. Here's a good recipe:
The Dreaded Haggis
1 sheep's stomach
1 sheep heart
1 sheep liver
1/2 lb suet, fresh (kidney leaf fat is preferred)
3/4 c oatmeal
1 ts salt
1/2 ts pepper
1/4 ts cayenne
1/2 ts nutmeg
3/4 c stock
Wash stomach well, rub with salt and rinse. Remove membranes and excess fat. Soak in cold salted water for several hours. Turn stomach inside out for stuffing.

Cover heart and liver with cold water, Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 30 minutes. Chop heart and coarsely grate liver. Toast oatmeal in a skillet on top of the stove, stirring frequently, until golden. Combine all ingredients and mix well. Loosely pack mixture into stomach, about two-thirds full. Remember, oatmeal expands in cooking.

Press any air out of stomach and truss securely. Put into boiling water to cover. Simmer for 3 hours, uncovered, adding more water as needed to maintain water level. Prick stomach several times with a sharp needle when it begins to swell; this keeps the bag from bursting. Place on a hot platter, removing trussing strings. Serve with a spoon.
:eyebrow:

(MissD PM me with address.)

Going to try to make it. I can bring some finger snacks. If stuck with the lil bits, I may only time for a quick M&G.

I had Haggis in Scotland while taking a extended vacation. Yummy. Cooked it once in the states. Here's a good recipe:
The Dreaded Haggis
1 sheep's stomach
1 sheep heart
1 sheep liver
1/2 lb suet, fresh (kidney leaf fat is preferred)
3/4 c oatmeal
1 ts salt
1/2 ts pepper
1/4 ts cayenne
1/2 ts nutmeg
3/4 c stock
Wash stomach well, rub with salt and rinse. Remove membranes and excess fat. Soak in cold salted water for several hours. Turn stomach inside out for stuffing.

Cover heart and liver with cold water, Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 30 minutes. Chop heart and coarsely grate liver. Toast oatmeal in a skillet on top of the stove, stirring frequently, until golden. Combine all ingredients and mix well. Loosely pack mixture into stomach, about two-thirds full. Remember, oatmeal expands in cooking.

Press any air out of stomach and truss securely. Put into boiling water to cover. Simmer for 3 hours, uncovered, adding more water as needed to maintain water level. Prick stomach several times with a sharp needle when it begins to swell; this keeps the bag from bursting. Place on a hot platter, removing trussing strings. Serve with a spoon.
:eyebrow:

(MissD PM me with address.)
The only problem I see with those ingredients is the LIVER. I have only had good liver ONE time and that is all. I have eaten deer heart and that is TOPS, so I would think sheep heart would be OK.
Do you want to make some??? I would TRY it.

I would like to officially apologize for bringing up haggis, those responsible shall now be sacked...

Nothing better than some haggis, a side of blood pudding, washed down w/warm beer

We lived in Scottland/North England for 5 years. Great people, nasty food.

Ok, I'm in. I'll bring soda and a pot of meatballs in sauce. I'd also chip in with Salmon' for the strippers:wink:

I would like to officially apologize for bringing up haggis, those responsible shall now be sacked...

I was going to ward it off with vegemite :evil:

BlueWaterBrad - you bringing the missus :)

Dave - Kathleen?

Michelle - Don't forget Christopher Robin :)

Last edited:
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom