SDI training

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Avonthediver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Hi all

Ive been looking and reading about SDI and their online tranning.
and im just wanting to know what people think about this if its a good thing and way of the future or maby a big waste of money?

Happy Diving All!!!

There's a thread in one of the groups where the OP is complaining that none of the LDSs would accept the eLearning he received elsewhere as part of the required program.

In the case of SDI eLearning, as long as you can find an LDS that offers the SDI program, you should be good to go.

But, why bother? There are executive programs from PADI (among others) that take very little time during the week and just a couple of weekends for the entire OW program.

Talk to your local shops before you make a decision.

Richard

I did the elearning Open Water cert through SDI online and loved it. Your dive instructor will still have some classroom time with you after the course is completed. This would be for a review of the material to make sure you understand it before your confined/pool training. I was looking for an instructor or LDS that was SDI in the Arkansas area and didn't come with anything. I don't know where you live in Arkansas to see if you live near a bordering state that might have a SDI facility close to you. You could also do the PADI elearning online... I don't know anything about that course, but have recommemded SDI's course to several friends and have had no complaints... Good Luck!

When I took SDI I was with a group of about a half dozen others who were taking PADI. The one difference I noticed is that I didn't have to screw around with the tables, though I did participate with them. They also went over computers with us so I don't see that much difference.The difference would amount to about a half hour of class time since a couple of them couldn't get all of it through their heads without some additional help.

thanks to all for their time and info it will help!

Back
Top Bottom