How 'bout them Leafs eh?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dive n00b

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
LOL! Just kidding... figured that would grab your attention though.

Just wanted to drop in and say hello to my fellow Cannuck divers. I just started posting here yesterday...

My first post with some info about me, my experience (or lack thereof) etc.. can be found here http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/ne.../258325-greetings-thanks-some-new-divers.html

Anyways... My wife and I did our class room and confined water training with Aqua Sub Scuba out in Richmond Hill Ontario (anyone else here use them?), and then did our OW cert with Scuba Caribe in Punta Cana Dominican Republic. We haven't gotten in to the cold water / fresh water diving yet, so instead of waiting we are off to the Bahamas shortly to dive at Stuarts Coves.

Hopefully when spring/summer comes around we will exprience local diving for the first time out in Tobemorey... will frequent this forum and stay in touch with you folks. Hopefully we'll have the opportunity to dive together in the not too distant future.

Cheers!

Hello.

I use Aquasub for gas fills all the time, they are my LDS. They put on some good trips in the summer to both Tobermory and the St.Lawrence areas. Definitely worth hooking up with them to get introduced to these areas. They also organise some very tempting trips all over the globe throughout the year.

Have a good trip down south and if you are looking to get wet up here sometime give a shout. There is a pretty big group that dives year round up here.

Hello.

I use Aquasub for gas fills all the time, they are my LDS. They put on some good trips in the summer to both Tobermory and the St.Lawrence areas. Definitely worth hooking up with them to get introduced to these areas. They also organise some very tempting trips all over the globe throughout the year.

Have a good trip down south and if you are looking to get wet up here sometime give a shout. There is a pretty big group that dives year round up here.

Sounds awesome... we should definately keep in touch. I'd love to check out Toby in the spring/summer. Who knows... Maybe we'll bump into eachother at the shop sometime too.

Cheers!

If your new to divning you may not know of the Canadian site that a lot of people on here also use. Its Ontario Diving and you have to use your real name for a login name or you will not get in. Good site for local conditions and some Q&A's.

Just thought i would let you know

Mike

If your new to divning you may not know of the Canadian site that a lot of people on here also use. Its Ontario Diving and you have to use your real name for a login name or you will not get in. Good site for local conditions and some Q&A's.

Just thought i would let you know

Mike

Thanks Mike... got this and your PM. Will register shortly. Much appreciated!

Cheers,
Andre

Welcome to diving in the great white north :) I figured I might as well put in a plug for our scuba club, the Etobicoke Underwater Club (Etobicoke Underwater Club Inc. | Enjoying the sport of SCUBA diving safely since 1956.). We always organize a bunch of local dives during the summer, plus a few trips and social events. The club isn't affiliated with any particular dive shop, and has been training divers for over 50 years now, so we are very newbie-friendly...
I hope you enjoy cold water diving, I always do :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom