What Software do you use?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dvleemin

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi,
I was wondering what software people use. Specifically I guess I'm looking for software to process RAW pics, and to adjust, well, anything that needs to be adjusted.

I have a really old version of Photoshop, but I'm thinking it's probably worth getting something newer.

I have an Oly e330 . . .

Darryl

i use Adobe CS3, i also use Aperture for Mac.. It will depend on what you want to do with the pictures.

Shooting anything uncompressed I have to save it through the Sea&Sea software before I can edit it with any other software, I've heard that the CS versions of photoshop will open most RAW files without going through your cameras software first.

I'm still in the ice age with Photoshop 7, but also have Lightroom that I use on occation, but photoshop is my main squeeze...I just love it!!

I use CS3's Adobe Camera Raw (ACR 4.x) to process all my raw images. ACR can also handle TIFF and JPEG files.

I use Lightroom almost exclusively. It works great with RAW files, very east to import, edit, and export to what ever other format you want (tiff or jpeg or whatever). I really like the non destructive editing abilities and how easy it is to go back to previous changes and move forward. It really does take all the fear out of editing.

A graphic artist friend handed me a copy of Adobe Photoshop 3.0 years ago and I have been using photoshop since. I now have the CS3 version. It can handle most any photo editting need if you know how to use it. The learning curve is slow past the basics but there is plenty of help to get you throught it.

Photoshop CS3 and ACR currently, but may switch to Lightroom in the future for handling RAW files.

Lightroom lightroom lightroom! Just get it. :)

Lightroom has drastically cut my processing time, makes life's so freakin' easy for importing, sorting, keywording, tweaking ... and LR2 has some nifty localized brushes available for things like saturation, contrast, brightness, exposure etc that work very well. It doesn't do cloning and the like very well, imho, so you will need a program to do that more effectively. It works a treat with Photoshop CS3/CS4.

LR also makes saving various sizes or file types a breeze. You can also take your actions from Photoshop and make them a droplet in LR so you can do everything for the final save in the click of a button without having to go into another program. Easy.

It's rare that anything gets taken into Photoshop anymore, but I also have CS3 and when I need it, I need it. I have not upgraded to CS4 and probably won't for a while even though it looks to be a great upgrade.

I literally just started using CS3 to tweak images and so far have been thrilled with the results. This works for preformated JPG's as well as RAW. Someday I will try out Lightroom but software purchases are taking a back seat.

Back
Top Bottom