Warning: Avoid Lion Air

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Unfortunately you do not have many choices to fly in and out of that area. But there is a new airline adding flights called Expressair hopefully they will take over some of Lion air routes.

Almost 2 weeks later....Got my gear back! One of theTSA locks was broken and it looks like a couple of things missing. But I am happy to have it back.

Want to thank Robin with Songline Cruises of Indonesia: Yacht Charters - Pinisi Cruising - Dive Liveaboards - Adventure Sailing. Sail Indonesia, Sailing Indonesia he went out of his way to call, email them etc. And he does not enven know me! Bruce/Highdesert thanks for his info!

At least it did not happen on the way out there.

At least it did not happen on the way out there.

Thank God for that and most of the stuff showed up today.....I was going to have to borrow a wet suit when I got to Tampa in Feb.

By the way, I flew from Bali to Makassar and back with Garuda just a few days ago. I put the reg and lamp in the hand luggage (which was not weighed). My big dive bag was 25kgs, luggage allowance 20kgs. They did not care about it...
Hope you get all your stuff back.
Cheers,
Liberty

Glad you got your stuff back Scott

Scott -

Glad to hear the news ... Robin Engel comes through! We're off to Bali tomorrow, then on to Raja Ampat on the 20th. Won't know until we get to Bali and see our internal airline tickets what we're booked on, but Robin was trying to use ExpressAir if possible. We have trip insurance, a full printout of our dive gear inventory, pictures of all of it, and Robin's phone numbers ... don't know what else to do! Also packed lighter than we ever have before for a dive trip ... good practice for the future. If we're forced into Lion Air on any leg of the trip, I'll try to kick some LA a$$ for you!

RA, here we come!

EU ban All indonesian airline from flying in the EU - none of them flying in or to any EU. including in the list few chartered aviation company for oil and mining industry with good safety record and an aviation equipment calibration service compnay.

Good care ?
So
They shall also ban all means of transportation in Indonesia including and not limited to taxi, train, ship, public bus, horse cart, pedicab, ojek, jukung boat, bajaj, :eyebrow:ect. to operate to and within any EU countries.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom