Oriskany

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rockband2005

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
How good is diving the Oriskany as just a sport diver not going past the no-deco limits. I am traveling home to visit my parents and they live less than 3 hours from Pensacola. I am just trying to figure out if it's worth the time to go out there and dive it.

Definitely worth it for rec divers. The bridges are all at or above recreational limits and there are numerous swimthroughs and look-ins to do. The site is awe inspiring and is a must do dive in all respects. If you are going to be that close, be sure and make time for this dive.

Capt. Jim
Dr Dive
www.drdive.com
drdive@drdive.com

I am a recreational diver with six dives on the Oriskany and I still find myself wanting to get back out there again and again. There is just so much to see in the recreational range you wont believe it. There is just no way possible to see everything in two dives. I know DM's with tons of dives on the "O" and they tell me they still find new and interesting things every dive. Here are a few pics well within rec limits:

0204.JPG

0632.JPG

097.JPG

0783.JPG

0036.JPG

I dove it today and yesterday. Both days were great! Rockband - we had a guy from washington on the boat today - was that you on the H2O below?

Great pics- I was in gulf shores the weekend of 11/06/08 but didn't get to dive the Big O am coming back in april and want to dive Big O and possibly same place in Destin any ideas?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom