Are you a vegetarian?

Are you a vegetarian?

• Fish in the sea, not on a plate. Cow's in a field, not in a burger. I'm a veggie/vegan

Votes: 22 9.9%
  • Don't eat meat but eat fish

Votes: 15 6.7%
  • I eat the insides of an animal to please my palate

Votes: 161 72.2%
  • Best place for fish is at the end of my speargun

Votes: 20 9.0%
  • Don't eat fish but eat meat

Votes: 5 2.2%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm a sorta veggie. I eat things that eat veggies and the veggies. :D

Gary D.

Im not a vegetarian because I love animals, I am a vegetarian because I hate plants..

Cows fart too much and are adding to global warming.
I do my part by eating as much cow as I can. :D
Plus my BBQ chicken is to die for.
Give me some Salmon grilled on a cedar plank and I'm in heaven.
And everybody knows adding bacon to any dish makes it better.
Gotta go, making a Tuna Fish sandwhich for lunch :sprint:

Im about as anti-vegetarian as you can get. Meat or fish for every meal. HATE salads and veg.

That said i detest spear fishing and glad its not legal here (on scuba at least).

If we were not supposed to eat animals, they would not be made out of meat.

I don't get the, "I don't eat meat, but I will eat fish" crowd at all.

By the same token, why is it OK to kill plants for food, but not animals? I don't buy the whole pain/suffering thing. It could be applied to plants too. And after all, they're still "lifeforms" !!

Now, don't get me wrong - I don't care what people eat, and I've got nothing against the plant eaters in general - but as soon as they start spouting off about how right they are and how wrong I am, they will definitely hear an earful :)

FWIW - I'm not really a big fish eater. I'll eat it if it is fried and breaded - or sometimes if it is a non-fishy fish, like halibut or cod. But most of it is out - salmon, snapper, etc. I'll eat fried clams, and shrimp in a few different forms, but none of the slimy stuff - oysters, steamed clams, squid, octo, etc. I'm a picky eater though. I also want my meat to come from the store.

I'm not big into the moose and other stuff that people up here eat. Beef, chicken, pork - from the store. That's what I'll eat. None of this more exotic stuff. On the mass production vs small production issue - I've had Russian beef (when in Russia) - the kind that goes very quickly from the cow to the table at the small meat market to the oven to the plate (sometimes in a matter of hours). I don't care for the taste or texture - it's definitely different. I don't know if it is what the cows eat, lack of aging process, the lack of chemicals and processing, or what. But I do know that I didn't really like it very much.

But I like a good salad too. By the way, a good salad is defined as : lettuce, tomato, cucumber, radish, kidney beans, ham cubes, fresh and high quality shreaded cheddar cheese, fake bacon bits (the flat kind, not the more cubic kind), and Russian dressing. I also like my share of veggies - potato in many forms, squash, zucchini, green beans, broccoli, asparagus, etc. Not included are things like pumpkin, egg plant, etc.

Don't like milk or eggs. I'm happy to eat the dead animal, but for some reason, I find the concept of drinking from its **** or eating its unborn to be really, really disgusting.

I also eat mushrooms - and lots and lots of butter and cheese. Yes, they are dairy, but at least they are processed into something not resembling the raw form that comes out of the animal.

Cheers!
nd

I enjoy meat, I grew up on a farm and there's nothing like a steak that you've reared yourself. Mass production meat processing scares the hell out of me, though. Filthy nasty process. So I eat meat much less meat than I used to.

This is my idea of a well balanced meal: YouTube - Probably the best barbecue...

If there was a place like this near me I'd probably got back to eating more meat.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom