Hello Swampsters!!!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
My girlfriend and I are interested in becoming "members" of the Texas Swampers. We live in Fort Worth and we want to do some diving at some of the local water holes. We're very much still "newbies" to diving (and Texas for all that matters.) We're going to Coz next month and want to get our feet wet before we go. We may go to CSSP this weekend.....anyone else heading out there? If not there,we do have a boat so if someone has a better suggestion,we're all ears(except near the Mike Tyson fish.)

So anyway, let us know if we could join your wonderful group. Thanks!! :)

You two are more than welcome to join up. This weekend is out for me due to other obligations, but there is a chance for next Saturday.

Membership is simple, just show up and dive with one of our "regulars" and get your log book signed. Extra points if you join the "Bloody Ear Club" by getting bit by a CSSP pirhana perch.

Also check in with us on a regular basis to let us know of your plans so we can join up with you.

Look forward to diving with ya!!

--Mike

(PS. When & Where at Coz?)

My bride is originally from Orleans Parish.

She still has family in N.O. and Metarie. We made a trip to catch Jazz fest and rig dive in '02. Jazz fest was fun... the rig diving was well... long story.

Hope yall make it out with us soon.

TwoBit

mike would next saturday be a couple of dives and then go have our sides split from laughter ? he mike i how about a TSDT Piranha perch diver logo ?

madgri i wont be able to make it this weekend because i have so much studing to do for three tests over the next 5 days and the fact that i get older tomorrow. but i would be up to a couple of dives next saturday.

where are you staying in coz ? and which dive op do you plan on using ?

Thanks everyone for the welcome. We really appreciate the invitation to join....and we will.

TwoBit....Jazz Fest?....Whew,do I have some stories.
TexasMike and Tooth....We're going to Coz the week of Oct25th-Nov1st....staying at the Presidente...diving with "Scuba with Alison". She supposed to be very good and gives very personal service.I've spoke to her and read some stuff about her.She works very well with the less experienced divers(as well as the experienced),and being this our first trip to Coz,she's a good choice for us. Small boat....2-6 people...she'll take you wherever you want to go or she'll bring to her favorites.

Thanks again!

Dive safe and "go fast" boats!!

On that trip we introduced TexasMike to a crawfish boil.

Buckets of iced beer, bugs, corn, and potatos on a butcher paper covered table in the back yard.

That was yummy.

TwoBit

It was very yummy! But was too chicken to suck the heads... but tail pinchin was tasty.

Tooth -- The theatre production is Sunday, so we could do diving on Saturday and then have you come up to UNT Sunday. If that's the plan, I need to know soon so I can purchase your tickets.

Shall we plan on dives Saturday?

Scubatooth once bubbled...
he mike i how about a TSDT Piranha perch diver logo ?
That would be the add on "Brag patch" like the curved ones PADI has. Picture a small fish with a toothy mouth carrying off a bloody ear.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom