Hello from Spokane

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Daniel, welcome to SB!

I'm a newbie myself, but it sure seems like a great bunch of divers here and as always they are more than willing to share their infinite expertise! Divers are such wonderful people!

If you break down and want to hit the Sound for a dive, look me up. I would be happy to tour you around.
I'll keep that in mind. Thanks. (But I think I'd want to get wet-suit-certified first. Cold is a real issue for me.)

Thanks everyone. I know the folks at both local dive shops, and am well aware of diving the lake at Coeur d'Alene (at one shop he showed me a picture of himself surfacing through ice slush -- no thanks!)

I've seen that picture a few times. :eyebrow: (Sanders beach, last year)

Come join our Tuesday dive group! Last night we had a bunch of divers, some in wetsuits, some dry, some doing deco scooter dives, some just poking around on the wall. All the Christmas lights from the marina are beautiful. The vis was nice, and the air temp started out around 40 degrees, which makes for great suit-up weather for December. The water temp is still in the mid-to-upper 40's.

I made a stupid typo in my last post. I meant to say that I'd want to get dry suit certified. There's no way I'd go in that lake now with a wet suit. And, for that matter, my regulator is warm water only. I hate to seem unsociable, but 40 degree water is about as appealing to me as a poke in the eye with a toothpick. I went snow shoeing last winter and just about froze my hands and feet off. And that was with vigorous exercise to boost the circulation. Diving, conserving air, moving as little as possible, in cold water? I'm not sure I could handle diving in that lake even in summertime. Water temperatures in the Caribbean are around 80 degrees, and I wear a 3-mil wet suit, and I still get cold toward the end of a dive, or if we have to bob around for too long waiting for the boat to pick us up.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom