Hello...from Bacolod City

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

attygold

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi, Im Gold and Im from Bacolod City, Negros Occ. Been diving since 2005. I frequent Apo Island, Dumaguete, Bohol...and been to Tubbatahha for 3 consecutive years 2006, 2007 and 2008 :)

This site was introduced to be by Caloy Samson and it's cool. Caloy and his friends will be going to Dumaguete this February and I facilitated this trip for him. I hope we will have fun (despite Ducomi being gone!).

Hope to participate in this scubaboard forum more. See you all around

Hi Gold. Welcome to the Scubaboard. Any update on what's happening in Boracay?

Hello attygold and welcome!!

welcome aboard

Hey, im glad to be a member of Scubaboard too. What do u want to know abut Boracay? I often go to Boracay coz of some business ventures there but have not done much diving there. Have you tried diving there already?

Hi Gold, welcome to SB!

I'm a newbie myself, but it sure seems like a great bunch of divers here and as always they are more than willing to share their infinite expertise! Divers are such wonderful people!

Hey, im glad to be a member of Scubaboard too. What do u want to know abut Boracay? I often go to Boracay coz of some business ventures there but have not done much diving there. Have you tried diving there already?

I lived on Boracay for a year in 1999. A lot of people say the diving isn't good...well, I guess everyone has their opinion. I had a lot of fun diving there. For sure Yapak 2 will get your blood pumping on a 0 tide coming up to 2 meters. Lots of excitement there.
I just returned from there actually. I did 5 days on the Maruha, a big bangka owned by Fisheye Divers. We did Panagatan, a couple other reefs and Coron. It was really nice. Also spent a week on the southwest tip of Panay diving with Boy Saldana and Jed Montinola from Iloilo, who also were on the Maruha with us.
I spent a lot of time in Bacolod back in the late 80s and 90s selling shrimp fry from Jamandre Hatcheries, (Aloha Fry). I would bet we know some of the same people. I lived in Iloilo for 10 years.

Hi Gold,
I 've never been in Philippines, but by buddy Milo spend some time in Boracay and like it a lot. I heard there are some issues with the land ownership and some businesses have been burned recently. What is the situation right now and is it even true?

Hi Hank49, nice meeting you here. I know Boy Saldana and Jed Montinola. hey are good friends of mine, although they are from Iloilo. Did you dive at Boy's place at Janini-iy, Antique. It's a good dive site, but only few people had been there I believe. So, where did you stay n Bacolod City before. Do you know any divers from here?

Back
Top Bottom