Hello from Whitby

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DrSteveJohnson

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello from a snowy Whitby on the North Yorkshire coast of UK.

I thought I'd do the honourable thing and introduce myself before posting anything else.

I'm a 47 year old GP (family doctor) bases in an idyllic fishing village. I do some dive medicine as well and spent my early professional career as a submarine doc in the Royal Navy.

I've been recreational diving for 6 or so years now and have recently been diving on a rebreather although my best dives this year have been single tank dives in Malta with my 16 year old daughter as my buddy.

I have some research interests in dive medicine and, in particular have been doing some work on rebreather accidents. I'm hoping to gather data from both OC and rebreather divers in the near future to do a comparison study but more of that another time.

Looking forward to learning and contributing here.

Best Wishes,

Steve

Hello Steve,
Welcome on Scubaboard.
You seem to have many interesting things to tell us.
I'm already hot to read your second post ;-)
Great to meet you here.
Michel

Hello from a snowy Whitby on the North Yorkshire coast of UK.

I thought I'd do the honourable thing and introduce myself before posting anything else.

I'm a 47 year old GP (family doctor) bases in an idyllic fishing village. I do some dive medicine as well and spent my early professional career as a submarine doc in the Royal Navy.

I've been recreational diving for 6 or so years now and have recently been diving on a rebreather although my best dives this year have been single tank dives in Malta with my 16 year old daughter as my buddy.

I have some research interests in dive medicine and, in particular have been doing some work on rebreather accidents. I'm hoping to gather data from both OC and rebreather divers in the near future to do a comparison study but more of that another time.

Looking forward to learning and contributing here.

Best Wishes,

Steve

I drove through whitby going from London to Edinbourough in sept. of 88'. Fell in love with the place..
You are a lucky man.
I have a 16 yo daughter who is my dive buddy as well, she completed her AOW this fall and should make Master by late summer.
Welcome to the board

Hi Steve, welcome to SB!

I'm a newbie myself, but it sure seems like a great bunch of divers here and as always they are more than willing to share their infinite expertise! Divers are such wonderful people!

It certainly looks like you have an extreme amount of things to offer the site. I am sure there are a ton of questions that divers need to ask someone with your knowledge. You could be a real asset to us. Welcome !!!

welcome aboard

Back
Top Bottom