Scuba Music (Songs, Artists, Albums that embody diving & diving culture)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Natural Mystic (Bob Marley) fits real nice while putting the boat in the water at first light. Fish hitting the surface....the smell of synthetic two stroke oil....ya man.

B000001ZS3.01._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_V1124918452_.jpg

I Come From the Water - The Toadies

love that song

lotsofgadgets:
Scuba Tunes - The Pool Sessions, by the Scuba Dudes
1. Blackened Fish Sandwich - Good
2. Hi-Tech Diver
3. ScubaRadio
4. The Parrothead Fish - Ok
5. Wreck(ed) Diver - Good
6. Scuba Joe - Ok
7. Today Is The Day
8. Skip The One-Legged Shark Diver - Excellent
9. I Learned My ABC's
10. Is That A Moray In Your Pocket...? - Learn this one on guitar, and you will be the hit at any event!!!

Like any album, there are good tunes and not so good tunes. For me, #10 was worth the entire purchase - You will need to be in the mood for something different when you listen for the first time. They don't play these on the radio

Add to everyone's list:
Amos Moses - Jerry Reid
Wild Wood Flower - Jim Stafford

Album:
Mad Music - Robert Greenidge (1990)
  • Sunshine
  • Coco Loco
  • Hibiscus
  • Conchita
  • Pan Classique in B Minor
  • African Friend
  • Funk On Steel
  • Shango
I never stay with one mix from dive trip to dive trip. I usually mix in what people have already posted, some of what I've listed and any number of 70's rock

BTO
Kansas
CCR
CSN&Y (only with Young)
Van Halen (Diver Down)
etc.

Country - Kenny Chesney is good

When ever I get to a International dive destination, I ask the local shops what is good music that represents their culture. I usually get a decent selection from the locals, and it usually adds to the list... :14:

oops double post

Hi Gang!

I'm fairly new to SB and I just found this thread. I know it's a little old, but it's right up my alley, so I was thinking I might ask small favor of you all. Since you are all quite obviously connoisseurs of fine Scuba Music, I was wondering you wouldn't mind listening to a few of my tunes and let me know what you think. I've made it my personal goal to popularize Scuba Music to the point where we have our own genre... and to that end, I have just released my first Scuba Music album titled, "Just A Scuba Cowboy". You can listen to every sonog in it's entirety on my site-wide player and I would be very interested in your opinions on my music. Most of my songs are pulled straight out of adventures I've had on dive trips, so hopefully a lot of you can relate well. Anyway, my website is www.JustAScubaCowboy.com so if you have a minute, please give it a listen and let me know what you think.

Thanks in advance, I sincerely appreciate honest input from other divers... after all, this music is dedicated to ALL of my dive buddies around the world!

Jean-Pierre Rampal - Oxygene

I was reading a SCUBA magazine online a few weeks ago, and found this list. And yep, it's already downloaded an in my iTunes...i'll try and leave out the ones posted before...that i noticed :)
The ocean-led zeppelin
Three little birds-Marley
A pirate looks at 40-jimmy buffett
zero-smashing pumpkins
Taylor-Jack Johnson
Into the ocean-Blue october
Sink to the bottom-Fountains of wayne
Island in the sun-weezer

Oh, and Don't stop Believing by journey....that was my 'song' for the last dive i was on.

Hey Thal, you need to broaden your musical horizons dude, you posted the same thing two years later. What? You only have one song on your IPOD? Hah,.

Man, it just depends. If you ask all of us this question every couple years, I bet the songs would change. It depends on where you are in your life.
Right now my head is full of blues...although I'm very happy at this point. These songs don't have a lot to do with diving, but they're in my head when I'm in the water.
1. Buddy Guy's version of Mustang Sally
2. Stevie Ray Vaughan: Walkin' the Tight Rope
3. The Allman Bros: Stormy Monday
4. SRV: The Sky is Cryin'
5. Clapton's version, Further on Down the Road
6. Buddy Guy and Bonnie Rait: Feels like Rain
7. The Allman Bros: Southbound

I'll dig up this thread and post again in two years....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom