ys 50 M

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sunkarm

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi all,

i do know that sea and sea YS50M is an old model. I just wanted to know if you can use ikelite synccord (i am using ike housing) onto this strobes? i understand that it wouldn't be TTL. I am not into fibre-optic cables.

thanks in advnce for your inputs

You need an Ikelite to Sea & Sea sync cord. It will only work manual, no ttl. You'll have to set it on the strobe, not the housing.

Ikelite Sync Cords

thanks Larry,

this strobe is the ys-50 MS not YS-50 TTL. and the plug of the cord from the housing that plugs onto the strobes are different from MS and TTL version.

Do u have sea n sea strobes?

I don't mind manual set up of the strobes. I heard TTL doesn't work anyway, i don;'t know if that is true or not.

Larry C, i think i made a mistake, both YS 50MS and YS 50ttl accept the same plug on to their strobes. the difference is only with the other ends of the cord which connects to the camera housing, that's if u r using syncord that connects to different types of Nikonos. Since i am using ike housing,the synccord should b the same for both MS and TTL strobes. and both the ttl wouldn't work with the ike housing. I would use manuals anyway.

thanks again for your inputs

Back
Top Bottom