Diving in Cuba

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Islandrat

New
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hello there!
I had a terrible year and I'm planning on taking some days off to Cuba. Would like to dive (of course), relax on the beach, meet some nice people, share a drink with diving buddies, etc. Where would you advise me to go (resort, diveing sites, cafes, etc. in Cuba).

Thanks!!!
Islandrat

Hi Islandrat, my husband and I are going to Cuba Feb 12-19 and staying here welcome to... sunwing vacations
we will be diving with these guys Scuba Cuba

they were recommended to us by our dive club and its all inclusive and airfare for 7 days for $755 canadian.you might want to check it out.

We go to Sierra Mar in Santiago de Cuba, Excellent diving and great staff, Once you go you will most likely return every year like we do and others that have been. If you are going for the diving then Santiago have some excellent reefs, they also have the wrecks from the Spanish / American war which Mike Flecher / did a special on the Sea Hunters called the Lost Fleet of Santiago These wrecks are still in good condition and the history of them is pretty interesting. do some research on the area. day trips to Santiago de Cuba to tour the fort del Morro which protected the Harbour from Pirates when Santiago de Cuba was the Capital before Havana. It doesn't matter where you go in Cuba you will find the people are excellent and will make your stay memorable.

welcome aboard

Just flew over Cuba...........coming back from Caymans. I would love to be able to dive there!!

I'll be diving in Cuba very soon too (in Feb.2009). I'm staying in Cayo Largo, in the south part of the islande. Some friends have been there and I was told it's a really good spot for diving.

Anyways, you may want to take a look at "www dot tripadivsor dot com" - you can get lots of reviews about hotels and activities (including diving, of course!).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom