Richie Kohler's Trimix Rebreather Class in the Dominican Republic

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

John or Richie,

I know this is off topic to the evolution class, but are there going to be any more Deep Sea Detective shows coming?

I would be remiss not to highly recommend him. Richie is a great instructor! He's very thorough and totally committed to the training. He tries as hard as possible to make sure that the students are prepared for rebreather diving. It's easy to see that he loves sharing his experience with others.

Absolutely, I agree. I also did my Evo Class with Richie and never regretted traveling 3,000 miles to do it. True Value was received for the tuition. It was both an enjoyable and thorough class.

Last edited:
I just returned from 6 days of diving with Richie. I took his CCR Evolution Air Diluent course in Fort Lauderdale, Florida Nov. 29 - 4 Dec 2008. I can honestly say it was the best decision I have ever made.

When choosing an instructor for CCR I did not want to hire the local pro, or the recommended regional instructor. I wanted to be sure to get someone who actually dove the unit in all conditions and all depths, and whose experiences will allow him to train me for real-world situations. I also wanted an instructor who I could grow with for each step of my rebreather and wreck exploration training. Obviously there are few divers in the world with a resume equal to Richie's.

I found Richie's training style to be perfect for me. He instructed the course material in a fun and interesting way. The long days didn't feel quite as long and class did not feel like class, but rather more like a group of friends getting together and diving. I learned a lot and had a good time. It was a lot of fun!

I would be happy to answer any questions anyone has about my experiences training with Richie.

I will close by saying I have found my instructor for technical diving courses for the foreseeable future. Thank you Richie for your patience and your professionalism, as well as your friendship.

~Dan Lienert
Newest member of the Kohler Nation

I just returned as well from 6 Days of diving with Richie in his CCR Evolution Air Diluent course in Fort Lauderdale, FL. Since Dan did such a great job in his write up he left me nothing to say other than he & I spent the past year researching all brands of CCR rebreathers and CCR Instructors, at the end of our research we found that the Evolution CCR Rebreather was the best CCR Rebreather on the market for us. As for our research in finding an Instructor we found that with Richie's experience and knowledge of the Evolution / Technical Training along with his teaching style that he was the Instructor for us.

Richie I look forward to furthuring my CCR / Technical training with you in the near future.

Mark Cole

After 57 episodes, the HC decided they had enough in 2006, and to tell the truth that is a lot of shows for any series. Richie and I are working on a few TV specials for PBS, HC, and possibly NG, but no series. Since the end of DSD, we have all moved on and there will not be any additional programs.

Regardless, it was a fun series to work on and I am flattered that you would ask about more shows. Thanks.

Cheers

JC

John or Richie,

I know this is off topic to the evolution class, but are there going to be any more Deep Sea Detective shows coming?

Thanks for the reply John. My children and I thoroughly enjoyed watching your show. It will certainly be missed by me. I'll keep an eye out for your new stuff. You guys certainly did a great job.
Thanks again.

If you don't hurry... I'll be certified on 2 units before you do 1?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom